Recent content by AJ847.63

  1. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Thanks. Got most of the parts today, running around like a headless chook trying to find the motherboard, DDR4 RAM, and GPU now. Decided to go with the matrix, I doubt I'll need the 6GB VRAM too often. No one seems to stock the RAM or motherboard though, some places i ask say they have not been...
  2. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Hey guys anyone know what size fans would fit in the 900D? Only part I forgot to get advice on. I was thinking of putting 2 200mm fans up the top which will be replaced by the radiator when I upgrade to the 980s and grab a water cooler for them. I was thinking of front mounting the H110 so the...
  3. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Actually one last thing, would you recommend me going the corsair H110 for the CPU and grabbing a custom water loop for the GPUs? Or have everything built into one? Thought being I wont need the open loop for the CPU, I seriously doubt I'll be touching the CPU at all, but GPUs definitely will be...
  4. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Thanks guys think I'm pretty much set on the parts now just gotta wait for the 980s to hurry up and release! Really don't want to wait because it's going to be a while till they hit AU we always get massive delays, and leaks put it at not that much more powerful than a 780, but i just cant buy a...
  5. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Would the 5820K 28 PCI lanes cause problems for me over the 5930Ks 40? How many lanes does each GPU normally use? I'll probably only ever use 2 GPUs max, seeing tri SLI scaling is pretty crap. Would 28 of the 5820K be plenty for 2 SLI 880s when they eventually release, and in future for future...
  6. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Wow really? benchmarks I've seen put crysis 3 maxed out round average 22FPS! Thanks, given me a lot more confidence in sticking with the 780s.
  7. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    3GB of VRAM isn't enough for 4K though. Definitely want to run HD textures in watch dogs, whats the point of spending 2 GRAND on just GPUs when you can't max everything out? I'm leaning more towards the 780 STRIX or EVGA SC 6GB cards. Yea they don't have as much performance but a good OC should...
  8. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    September 19 NDAs suppose to be up. Apparently its only going to be a very small performance boost though, and only 4GB the 8GB won't release till later. I know I should wait, but I can't afford to wait till October by the time the 8GB version releases it will be far too late. Think I'll stick...
  9. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Thanks for the response. I don't have a 4K monitor there because I'm getting a 4K TV so it will live off that. Shame no 4K TVs have display port tech yet. :( I was thinking more the 5930K and rampage V extreme, seeing the hero does not support the new CPUs. Forces me to get DDR4 which is a...
  10. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Budget permitting I was also looking at getting the following networking combo: ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 $ 109 ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400 $329 Especially the router, anyone have some advice on it? Anything better out there? Also for a NAS drive which would be a good choice? Looking to...
  11. A

    4K Gaming PC - Advice Request

    Hi Folks, I'm looking at building a new desktop PC for 4K gaming and wanted to get some parts advice. Looking at spending around $4000 AUD I was looking at something like the following: CPU] 1 x Intel CORE i7 5820K RAM 16gb 2400Mhz G.Skill Trident-X $213 Motherboard 1 x ASUS Maximus...
Back
Top