Recent content by ahphoto

  1. A

    Most secure/fastest way to mount 4-6 external HDs to my PC with USB 3.0 connections?

    Thank you for the response! Didn't think of this, but you're right. So a hub is likely out. Alright, I'll admit I'm not the most tech savvy individual and it's been 2 years now since this computer was put together so I don't quite follow the part in bold. How would I determine the...
  2. A

    Most secure/fastest way to mount 4-6 external HDs to my PC with USB 3.0 connections?

    First off, let me list some basic specs. Operating system is Windows 7 Professional (x64) SP1, case is a Cooler Master HAF-X and the motherboard is an ASUS P9X79 WS. I have a significant need for quite a bit of data storage for my work and own ton of external hard drives, several of which...
  3. A

    Backlight bleed in new NEC PA271W monitor; what should I do? (Pics inside)

    That's why I chose this model despite the anti-glare coating, since I couldn't find any alternatives that were comparable to the PA271W but didn't have the AG coating. I made another thread on here about choosing a monitor a few months back and my second choice for a monitor was the Eizo...
  4. A

    Backlight bleed in new NEC PA271W monitor; what should I do? (Pics inside)

    Thanks for all the replies; the consensus seems to be that I should return it. I'll send it back for an exchange and hope that the replacement doesn't have this issue, and if the replacement is just as bad or worse then I'll return it and get a different brand/model monitor instead. My other...
  5. A

    Backlight bleed in new NEC PA271W monitor; what should I do? (Pics inside)

    I finally invested in a new high-end monitor for precise photo editing (NEC PA271W) but was disappointed to find that there's noticeable backlight bleed in 3 corners of the screen. Pictures: #1 #2 These were taken with my phone in pitch dark and the monitor had been calibrated to an...
  6. A

    Professional photographer looking for best possible monitor for precise photo editing

    Bump to get this answered -- ready to go with either the PA271W or the CG243W at this point but just wanted this cleared up first. Thanks again
  7. A

    Professional photographer looking for best possible monitor for precise photo editing

    Sorry for not asking about this earlier, but could someone explain exactly what this difference represents and how it would effect photo editing work and the monitor's accuracy and precision? Does it mean that the NEC does not accurately simulate sRGB whereas the Eizo does? Would there be a...
  8. A

    Deciding which card for high-end pro photo editing build, 10-bit vs gaming cards etc

    I've been saving up for the past few years to buy a new high-end custom built PC that will meet my needs as a professional photographer, and after a lot of research I've come up with a list of components that I believe will be the best for the job. Here's my current list of components for the...
  9. A

    Professional photographer looking for best possible monitor for precise photo editing

    I wish I could view and compare these monitors in person before I decide, but unfortunately I don't know of any distributor or reseller that has them on display that's located anywhere nearby (northern New England). To answer your question, print to match is important but I've got a system...
  10. A

    Professional photographer looking for best possible monitor for precise photo editing

    Thanks for the reply, How noticeable would you say the grain from the anti-glare coating is on this monitor? Do you think it would interfere with photo editing at all?
  11. A

    Professional photographer looking for best possible monitor for precise photo editing

    I'm a professional photographer and have spent the past few years saving up for an entirely new computer setup, which is very much needed at this point. These are my rough specs for a build, now I've just got to figure out which monitor to get to go with it. I'll be using this machine...
Back
Top