well... you can't get a 42 incher for $600; and furthermore those 42 inchers are 1,355 x 768 or the more expensive ones are 1,920 x 1,080 .... this rig is 3,150 x 1,680 and I use it more as a computer monitor than a TV, but you can watch it as a TV from across the room ... so I think the...
will play DVDs across multiple monitors -- make sure the monitors are NOT in span mode (in fact WindowsXP Pro) does not offer "span" as an option when the monitors are rotated into portrait.
links to products used for the setup are here
http://www.instructables.com/id/EXLOGYUZR9EUMVDT56/
I put THREE 20" LCDs together in portrait to get 3,150 x 1,680 -- approx 41-inch
can use it for TV and DVDs too; pics and video on instructables
http://www.instructables.com/id/EXLOGYUZR9EUMVDT56/
in case anyone has been looking for something like this
THREE monitors in portrait to create a 41 inche uberHDTV (3,150 x 1,680)
http://www.instructables.com/id/EXLOGYUZR9EUMVDT56/
has anyone got suggestions for playing DVD video across 2 LCDs in portrait? DVDs only play on the main/primary screen and when full screen mode is activated it only covers ONE of the 2 monitors. I have tried all sorts of software, including the drivers from NVIDIA and ATI but have not resolved...