Recent content by acfoltzer

  1. A

    GSAT: The Geek Social Aptitude Test

    I really am surprised, given the name of the test, that it didn't include a question about the actual GSAT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WalkSAT
  2. A

    HDTV Cables For Dummies

    Done in one! Monoprice absolutely rocks.
  3. A

    [IE7 CSS] Negative margins for internal links to ids

    Hey all, I've been looking for an answer to this for a while now, and can't seem to find someone in the same situation I'm in. I'm overhauling my university's Standard Terms List, and while I know there are better ways to display the content, I'm keeping the terms on one page of <dl>s. You can...
  4. A

    Idiotic PHP question, mutiple values for If Statements

    So string-indexed arrays in PHP are like maps in C++? I'm pretty new to PHP, but I didn't know it had that kind of data structure; that's pretty neat.
  5. A

    Any simple games that dont require much graphical power?

    I'll go ahead and recommend anything made by Spiderweb Software, particularly the Avernum series. They're all old school top-down RPGs, and while the graphics and sound are (relatively) crude, the story, setting and game mechanics are all top-notch. The demos are quite large, as well, making for...
  6. A

    FAQs.org kaput?

    A bunch of pages on the KB I manage link to faqs.org pages for reference on older stuff. For the past week, the root site has been fine, but the actual FAQ "leaf" pages have been unavailable. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is temporary, or if I'll have to go in and find new places to...
  7. A

    is Macbook/Macbook Pro getting an update any time soon?

    I'm pretty sure we'll see new MB/MBPs when Montevina finally hits. All the other major manufacturers have new Montevina models lined up, so it'd be foolish for Apple to not do the same.
  8. A

    Apple Unveils Faster iPhone, Chops Price

    I also can't help but observe that the interface with Exchange on the iPhone looks to be about 8 years ahead of the Windows Mobile interface. Visual, draggable calendar items? Yes, please! I think this is Apple's first significant move toward the enterprise market in a very long time.
  9. A

    Apple Unveils Faster iPhone, Chops Price

    The big news here, IMO, is the support for Exchange ActiveSync and WPA2 Enterprise/802.1X. Combined with the group-based remote administration they list on http://www.apple.com/iphone/enterprise/integration.html , it really makes it difficult to consider other options when purchasing for an...
  10. A

    NVIDIA's Little CoC

    Jim Cramer about ten minutes ago: I wonder how their stock will fare tomorrow. This looks quite promising.
  11. A

    Where to buy an Accelero Xtreme 8800?

    I'm also definitely curious about this, and have wanted one ever since the reviews started coming out last month.
  12. A

    Better board for O/C an E8400, Abit IP35-e or GA-P35-DS3L

    I've been running the DS3L with a G0 Q6600 for almost a week now at 3GHz. Like other posters have said, the NB runs a bit hot, but I haven't replaced the thermal compound yet (thanks for the suggestion). I picked this board out of the competition in this price range because of the use of...
  13. A

    Q6600 only registering 3 cores

    On my GA-DS3L there is a BIOS setting described in the manual as: "Limit CPUID Max to 3" "Allows you to determine whether to limit CPUID maximum value. Set this item to Disabled for Windows XP operating system; set this item to Enabled for legacy operating system such as Windows NT4.0" My...
  14. A

    ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 Drawing

    Consider me entered!
  15. A

    Wtb 6600gt Agp

    bump?
Back
Top