Recent content by Accelebrate

  1. A

    Network pics thread

    Found this whilst clearing out a predecessors files from circa 2001...
  2. A

    Network pics thread

    'Server' probably sounds grander than it should. I've got an ageing NAS that runs a few local services (subversion server, CIFS server for router logs etc.) none of these things require much processing power, a Pi would do the job just fine and will stop me from messing around too much with the...
  3. A

    Network pics thread

    3 watts was a power brick and the Pi connected to a network and running under load. I've got a few projects in mind. I've always tried to avoid running servers at home due to noise, heat and cost so the Pi opens up a few possibilities and should be powerful enough for what I need.
  4. A

    Post Your Connection Speed

    It's creeping up... Just the standard Infinity Option 2 FTTC package, they rolled out an 80/20 upgrade a couple of weeks ago, doubling speeds from the previous 40/10.
  5. A

    Post Your Connection Speed

    Speed test from home after my BT 80/20 upgrade. I was connected from work to home and running VNC when this was taken...
  6. A

    Network pics thread

    New toys for me earlier this week... Turned one into a little LAMP machine, quite good for home use as it only consumes 3 watts including the power brick.
  7. A

    Network pics thread

    That would be the case, but for some reason we have to do things differently in England: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_telephone_sockets You can get RJ45 to BT connectors, but I didn't want them hanging off the walls all over the house, so I opted for BT modules.
  8. A

    Network pics thread

    Thanks all! APC make them wall mountable, it hooks onto a couple of hefty screws. Actually you can see one of the screws in this photo before I ran the cable to the final two rooms: I ran both phone and network cables with Cat5e, so I could potentially chop and change in the future...
  9. A

    Network pics thread

    Here's my home network, nice to have everything tucked away out of sight in a cupboard. The apartment was bought as renovation project, and I don't know how long I'll stay here so I opted for a surface mount patch panel so that I can pull everything out and leave it tidy and ready for the next...
Back
Top