• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Abriel Nei

  1. A

    Another Q9450 Overclock

    I did try going higher. After I bumped the vcore 5times up from current setting and still not being stable at 426Mhz I concluded it is not worth the heat, noise, electricity and risk. I'm running the machine 24/7 so I prefer stability over speed and have to think about long term too. And in the...
  2. A

    Another Q9450 Overclock

    I have the latest official version - v16. Before i bought the G.Skill RAM i was also thinking of OCZ and other popular brands. But after browsing through the Abit forums I saw people have problems with other brands of RAM so I decided to buy G.Skill. No problems so far!
  3. A

    Another Q9450 Overclock

    Hope this screenshot helps: I made the shot after I ran Prime since I have EIST (or whatever is it called) turned on and as you can see CPU Volt gets to 1.24 (it actually switches between 1.23 and 1.24). Under browsing or sitting on the desktop it is 1.17V.
  4. A

    Another Q9450 Overclock

    It's this one: G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ I see it is actually rated at 2.0v - 2.1v but it would only need that at rated speeds (500Mhz). And since I am running it at 1:1 ratio it's actually underclocked to 400Mhz and at this speed it only needs 1.8v. This is my CPU-Z shot:
  5. A

    Another Q9450 Overclock

    This is not true. I am running 4x 2GB of G.Skill PC8000 RAM with no problems at default MCH voltage. But this G.Skill RAM is rated at 1.8v, OCZ Reaper is 2.1v. So in the end it depends on memory. I am running my Q9450 only at 400FSB (so 3.2 Ghz) and I also need additional voltage to be...
  6. A

    2.3V RAM too high?

    Just some words of caution - people have some problems with 4 sticks of RAM in certain P35 boards. Problems are usually explained with 4 sticks of RAM (either 4x 1Gb or 4x 2Gb) putting too much stress on the memory controler in NB. In most cases the solution is to raise the NB voltage a bit but...
  7. A

    Abit IP35 motherboards and Wolfdale

    People have great success with both E8400 and Q6600 on an IP35 Pro board. There are a bit of problems with reported temperatures of new 45nm processors but I think it is fixable with a BIOS update. Currently there is no official BIOS for IP35 Pro with Wolfdale support. The best BIOS for Wolfdale...
  8. A

    intel price drop

    The price drop will occur on 22nd of April. Q6600 will not be that much cheaper. Going from $266 down to $224. The biggest drop is expected for Q6700, about 50%, from $530 to $266. So basically you could get a Q6700 for todays price of Q6600.
  9. A

    How big is enough for my system, help please.

    Sorry I can't help you there since I don't own either of those PSUs. Check the PSU manual or PSU if there are some markings to differentiate the two rails.
  10. A

    How big is enough for my system, help please.

    Based on your specification I would say 400W is more than enough power for your hardware. You can also try eXtreme Power Supply Calculator here: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp The problem might be the A on 12V rails. Specifications say that ST405 has only 14Amps on...
  11. A

    Will I notice the difference?

    Well 3,5gb or there about is still a lot better than 2gb even in 32bit OS. So there is still some value in getting 4gb in 32bit OS and the value gets bigger when multitasking a lot. But! There is little reason to install 64bit OS just to get full 4gb instead of 3,5gb but it makes sense...
  12. A

    Abit IP35 PRO - Memory Remapping?

    golfjam Problems with memory are usually related to not enough voltage either for RAM or for NB. So, check that you RAM voltage in BIOS is set as specified by the RAM manufacturer (or even a bit more if you are overclocking). And try increasing NB (aka MCH) voltage. I don't know how many...
  13. A

    memory timings

    You are looking for MemSet: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92190
  14. A

    Will I notice the difference?

    Yes only 64bit OS can utilize full 4gb of RAM (and more), in 32bit OS you will see anywhere from 3gb to 3,5gb max depending on your hardware (the biggest factor is the amout of RAM on the graphics card). During the actual playing of a game you probably won't notice a difference. But there can...
  15. A

    Choosing a Motherboard for the Upcoming Q9450

    I am also waiting to get Q9450, I have already ordered it. Personally I have chosen Abit IP35 PRO in the end since I have read a lot of very good feedback about this board. Some also recommend a DFI board (not sure about what model exactly) but since you said its not for overclocking I wouldn't...
Back
Top