You will probably just use one when gaming. For other tasks dual monitors are great. Right now I am running a 27 (2560X1440), 24 (1920x1200), and 22 (1680x1050)
I find it quite funny that you've done you're research, and yet you are complaining about all the things you knew were issues. LCD's don't really need to mature...you chose to buy a TN panel, which are known to be great for response time, but have horrible viewing angles. If you didn't want...
I say go ahead an open it. I just got mine today, and so far I am very impressed. I've only hooked it up to my mac, but not yet my 360. As a computer science major, I can tell this will be a great monitor for programming on. The text is very crisp and easy to read. When playing a movie...
If you bought directly form cirucitcity, you can get a refund in price difference if they sell it for less within 30 days. I just got money back this way for COD4 since it's on sale for 360.
Does the monitor adjust ok wihtout EzTune? I'm using a mac...or, can I run EZ in a virtual machne, and then have the setting stay when I got back to OS X?