Recent content by A_belmont

  1. A

    Summer Upgrade Advice

    So then, in conclusion, the GPU is the bottleneck here and go look around to upgrade that, not the CPU. Correct?
  2. A

    Summer Upgrade Advice

    So what's the best gpu then in that $200 sweetspot? I'm open to something slightly more expensive, though DEF not above $300. GPUs lose value way to fast to drop that kind of cash on my budget. xD
  3. A

    Summer Upgrade Advice

    1080p (so, 1920 x 1080) connected via HDMI. I'm looking to keep a steady 60fps, as this isn't one of them fancy ultra fantastic displays. I guess what my question boils down to is - will I get more mileage for my dollar upgrading the CPU first? Or the GPU?
  4. A

    Summer Upgrade Advice

    I'm looking to upgrade 1 component, with a target budget of $200 + whatever I can resell the part being replaced. The reason for this upgrade? I want a smoother framerate and nicer pixels on Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3 (games I just recently acquired!) Current System: Case - Xion...
  5. A

    Games you play that you never get "sick" of?

    UT2004, all the way! Legend of Zelda: Link to the past, Mass Effect, Portal, KOTOR, Bioshock, and oddly enough, Transformers: War for Cybertron (I don't like Fall nearly as much, I know I'm peculiar! xD)
  6. A

    Help! My computer is a fashion disaster!!!

    I can't stand most computer cases. The rectangle shape just drives me up a wall. You open them up and there's so much wasted space - so many cases are big, clunky, and entirely unpractical. My personal taste with computers is the smaller, the better. Currently, my computer resides in the...
  7. A

    $600 build - could I get more power for the SAME OR LESS price?

    It's not really an option. I have to lug the computer from my room to where the router is, the router is not in a place where my computer can live for long periods of time, otherwise yes, I wouldn't have even bothered with a wireless card if I could just go with a wired connection....
  8. A

    $600 build - could I get more power for the SAME OR LESS price?

    Hey everyone, thank you for all your input! I thought I'd let you know that the system was built, and it absolutely exceeds my expectations as to what it can do. In the end, I got the antec neo eco PSU, a core i3 2100 with a combo deal motherboard (from biostar, it's nothing fancy and doesn't...
  9. A

    Newegg's even more underwhelming "ultra secrect black friday"

    Picked up that 8 gigabytes of G.skill sniper Ram for 30 deal, I'm satisfied on that. Still, I was hoping on a deal on either a Radeon 6850 or 6870. I'm really quite sad that noone in the world seems to be offering a deal on those. I doubt there'll be any on 'cyber monday' either. Ah well...
  10. A

    Underwhelming Newegg black friday?

    That'd be great..... but I'm looking for 2x4 1333!
  11. A

    FX 4100 Vs. i3 2100

    I ended up purchasing the i3 2100 with a motherboard on a sale. All in all, from my research, the i3 is a solid cpu that might not be able to do dolphin games at 1080p, but should be able to do them just fine at 480p to 720p. And I am probably going to get a Radeon 6870, unless black friday lets...
  12. A

    Underwhelming Newegg black friday?

    I picked up the biostar micro atx motherboard, and an i3 2100 for $179. Not bad for a budget rig. Sure I'm not going to be able to do much OCing...but I wouldn't be able to do much OCing in the case I'm using! =P
  13. A

    $600 build - could I get more power for the SAME OR LESS price?

    I did pick up that newegg deal on the Antec 620watt. Woo-hoo! The pc has begun :D
  14. A

    $600 build - could I get more power for the SAME OR LESS price?

    Would this power supply suffice, even for a Radeon 6870? corsair 430w 80+ certified
  15. A

    FX 4100 Vs. i3 2100

    I can't afford the risk of getting burned on used parts, I've watched quite a few youtube vids since posting this, and it seems quite a lot of people with core i3 2100, and cards less powerful than a radeon 6850 (my target card) were able to run the games at hd settings. I really don't care if...
Back
Top