Recent content by A144

  1. A

    First Build Advice

    I'm probably going to go with a standard HDD until I can afford a 256GB SSD. Then I'll upgrade to that.
  2. A

    First Build Advice

    Ok, been a few days, but here's the updated parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gv26 I haven't changed the CPU because I don't know exactly which I'm getting yet. Other than that, I think the build is looking pretty solid, for right around my $1000 budget (I'm going to be using a small HDTV...
  3. A

    First Build Advice

    What about one of the following? ASUS PA238Q http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236201 ASUS VS239H-P http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236288
  4. A

    First Build Advice

    I wish I could afford to go IPS monitor right now, but it's just not possible, even if I cut out some unnecessary parts of my build, I'd still be short. Maybe in the future when I can save up some more and they come down in price. Or maybe if I was making money as a photographer, but not as...
  5. A

    First Build Advice

    Not sure when I'll be up there next (my dad was just up that way today picking up a part for his '69 Camaro). But I'll definitely check them out when I am. Thanks! Yep, I meant the 3570K. What about the 3470 do you like? Any specific reasons you'd take it over the 3550 or 3570? From what...
  6. A

    First Build Advice

    About 2-2.5 hours from the closest one. I'm actually closer to the Detroit, MI location. It's about an hour, but we get up that way often. Is this a place I should check out? The i5 3470 would save me about $20. What about an i5 3550 with better stats than the 3470 and only $5 more than...
  7. A

    First Build Advice

    I've decided I want to build my next computer, and have done a lot of research over the past couple weeks and learned a lot. I've finally put together a tentative parts for my first build. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? The most important thing I'll...
Back
Top