Recent content by _Andy_

  1. A

    3D HTPC under $500?

    i use an asus AT3IONT-I with a HIS ATI 6570. 2 gig RAM and a cheap case. A region free dvdrom to watch BR. HDMI 1.4a is included. So no issues with 3d at all. I prefer TMT 5 and XBMC. Side by side or frame packing works fine. The complete system for less than 500$
  2. A

    planing a new storage. one question.

    Ok. I'm from germany but at ebay i could get some HP expander cards. As i read the tricky part is the firmware update. Is this true that i can update with a HP raid controler only or can i update over serial or something like that?
  3. A

    planing a new storage. one question.

    Actually no. I read about zfs but never used it. I prefer a well known hardware raid controler. It is in my opinion a better solution for me. OK it costs more than software zfs. I'm using linux since kernel 2.2. I compiled my own kernel with sound card support so linux or solaris is not a big...
  4. A

    planing a new storage. one question.

    Hello I'm planing a new 24 drives storage. I want 2 x 12@Raid 6. As controler i prefer Areca because i read much in this forum and it seems the controlers are pretty good. What is the cheapest controler or controler and expander solution to drive 24 drives@Raid 6? Thx for your help.
Back
Top