Recent content by 0x736967

  1. 0

    ZFS Build Question

    spazoid, thanks for the detailed information. I am still waiting for my disks to arrive so I haven't done any configuration yet. From what I gathered, creating two separate pools for VMs and another for Data might be a better option rather than having a single pool. Do you have any numbers with...
  2. 0

    ZFS Build Question

    From what I gathered here I should spend the extra money on more RAM and not run dedup. I am leaning more towards the mirroring option since it will give me better performance for VMs at an extra cost of storage space for camera video. I don't think I will ever use more than 4TB honestly so...
  3. 0

    ZFS Build Question

    I am looking to build a ZFS based storage solution using OpenIndiana for home and had a couple of questions. I will be using 6*3 TB drives (heterogeneous but they are all 7200RPM, SATA 6Gb/s, 62MB Cache), ASRock C226 Motherboard, Xeon E3-1220, and 8GB of ECC DDR3 RAM. The storage space will be...
Back
Top