A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Honestly i've never tried that before, sounds good though. I'll look into it. Is there a downside to just converting it to a dynamic disk though? Thanks!
Backup data is sitting on the partition. We would need to stop backups for the duration of the data move which would be too long I believe. Has anyone run into issues with dynamic disks?
Hey guys, wanted to get your opinion here of the best route to go.
I have a 30TB Disk attached to a server, there is a 15TB partition at the of the disk and 15TB of free space at the start of the disk. Do to the way the partition tables work you cant expand a partition backwards on a disk, so...
Interested in what setting it was for sure.
I've seen other performance issues as a result of the power management settings, wonder which memory setting it was.
http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1018206
Congrats on the VCA, another thing to note about the VCP is you can take the test BEFORE the class if you would like, but you need both a passing score on the test and classroom attendance to receive certification.
If this helps at all you could study up for the test and take it, then if you...
Here's the KB for how to increase the java heap sizes
http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2021302
If this is a new build out and you still have the option I'd switch to the vCSA.
How many VM's are in your environment? 8 vCPU's seems excessive and probably is detrimental if you are significantly oversubscribed on your physical cpu cores.
How much memory is allocated? Are there any limits, share changes or resource pools are that in play here?