ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP

twzTechman

Limp Gawd
I just snagged a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP off NewEgg. It's not the Extreme version, but still comes with a decent factory OC. The regular AMP has a 2 fan configuration where the AMP Extreme comes with 3 fans. I have had good experiences with Gigabyte and ASUS versions of Nvidia cards, and have seen good reviews with Zotac as well. Hopefully this will be a solid card.

Take some pics when you get it. I am interested in seeing some reviews on this card if you find any. Looks like it has a custom PCB however Zotac hasn't provided any details. I couldn't find a shot of the cooler removed either. There have been zero reviews on Newegg so I passed on ordering on since I was worried about coil whine...

Currently I have the Zotac AMP and ASUS Strix on preorder at Amazon, they are estimated to get delivered at the same time...

Take some pics when you get it. I am interested in seeing some reviews on this card if you find any. Looks like it has a custom PCB however Zotac hasn't provided any details. I couldn't find a shot of the cooler removed either. There have been zero reviews on Newegg so I passed on ordering on since I was worried about coil whine...

Currently I have the Zotac AMP and ASUS Strix on preorder at Amazon, they are estimated to get delivered at the same time...
20160701_202817564_iOS.jpg
20160701_202916368_iOS.jpg
20160701_203022699_iOS.jpg
20160701_203035866_iOS.jpg
20160701_203145270_iOS.jpg

I was about to buy this same card from newegg but decided to go with the Gigabyte 1070 instead. I was reading some reviews and one mentioned that there could be a cooling problem with the backplate or whatever. Anyway, ZOTAC makes some great stuff but I ended up not paying for cash and went witth Gigabyte because it was cheaper and performance would be simliar to ZOTAC.

I needed a 1440 card and the RX 480 just wasn't going to cut it for a consistant 55 to 60fps

I was about to buy this same card from newegg but decided to go with the Gigabyte 1070 instead. I was reading some reviews and one mentioned that there could be a cooling problem with the backplate or whatever. Anyway, ZOTAC makes some great stuff but I ended up not paying for cash and went witth Gigabyte because it was cheaper and performance would be simliar to ZOTAC.

I needed a 1440 card and the RX 480 just wasn't going to cut it for a consistant 55 to 60fps

My last card was a Gigabyte Windforce GTX -980 - great card. I would have no hesitation with getting another Gigabyte card.

Just preliminary results with this new Zotac 1070: 3d Mark Fire Strike came out to 14576 (with just the factory OC setting). The temp did not get much beyond 67c and the fan never got up much past 60% and I never heard it. Overall I am really pleased.

That's pretty normal, My old 1070 G1 would chug along at a 2050 sustained, this new one I got does 2025 +- dependant on the load/heat generated. They all perform very closely, with many people boosting to 1900+ stock. OC is just not so big on these cards. Grats btw that's a good card.

Back