XFX GeForce 6800 128 MB $163.00 + Free Shipping

Burpy

Limp Gawd
68008ig.jpg

[ XFX GeForce 6800 128 MB ] $163.00 + Free Shipping @ Monarch Computer Systems.

hypno-toad said:
Newegg has the same card for $162 ($167 with shipping) but also a $20 mail-in rebate. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150106

I am selling an EVGA 6800 12pipes & 5V card Unlocked to 16pipes & 6V for $185 shipped. It is Brand New only a week old and has been tested in 5 different games.

hey annaconda, is that unlock 100% perfect, meaning any artifacts etc?

just curious...

SJetski71 said:
hey annaconda, is that unlock 100% perfect, meaning any artifacts etc?

just curious...

Thats why i said i tested in 5 different games like Need for Speed Underground2, Doom 3, HalfLife 2, Prince of Persia Warrior With In, Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorrow, 3DMARK05 and it is a beauty.

From what I've read and my own experience with 4 6800's (all unlocked but only one unlocked perfectly and it's now in my FS thread for $150) I don't believe that there's much difference in unlocking success among the brands.

if only it had the reference cooler :(

and my eVGA unlocked to 16x6 and overclocked VERY nicely...

and front page coverage :D

Nice deal...to bad I already have a 6800 GT, and my bro has a 6800, and well, my dad doesn't need a new card...

WTF? How come everyone I hear about is able to unlock the eVGA 6800s? My bro has that card, and I can only get the extra vertex pipe...the pixel pipes are damaged. :(

Monarch lists it as the -KND, but the pictures on their site of the package contents seems to indicate it is the same thing Newegg is selling as the -KNDD3. Toss in shipping, and Monarch becomes only $4 cheaper than Newegg. Doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

RG

0mega said:
if only it had the reference cooler :(
You should be able to find a reference cooler cheap if you keep an eye out on FS/FT or eBay for somebody who has removed theirs in favor of an NV Silencer or Zalman cooler. Then again, you might want to just get the Silencer or Zalman for a little more money. :)

We shall see what mine does tonight. Just received it from NewEgg this afternoon.

From what I have read about the AGP versions of the 6800, GT, and Ultras are that they are all the exact same chips. The 6800s are just GTs that had a single pipe or shader fail. Thats why some of us have success unlocking them and some dont. Those of us who do have success got a card that had a minor flaw somewhere that made it fail as a GT or Ultra, but the failure wasn't in the pipes or shaders, therefore when we unlock them the card works just fine. I just pray mine works. :)

pblou24 said:
My XFX 6800 unlocked perfectly.

Mine did not though. I had a few artifacts here and there. I was so mad. Oh well, it still works decently without unlocking.

hiredgun2112 said:
unlocking voids the warranty?
I'm sure it would if they were to find out.

But its done via software so if you unplug the card and install it on another machine... it becomes "locked" all over again ;)

I still don't condone getting a "freebie" through your own slip-ups though (as in oc'ing or unlocking)

Plugged mine in, fired up rivatuner, unlocked the 3 quad, and the 6th shader, and bamn, 16pipes, 6 shaders, no artifacts. Ran 3DMark 2003 got an 8000 something, lol, corse my CPU blows.

Played AA a few minutes, no artifacts, going to try to load up SRS racing and see what it does tomorrow, it kept killing my 9500 Pro.

I just ordered this card? Do you have a webpage on how to unlock it? and if you do get artifacts does that kill the card or can you just back it down and everything be fine.

i am selling an unlocked 6800 which has 12 pipes default unlocked to 16pipes and 6v brand new for $165 plus shipping. :D

Hey just for those who were quick to jump the gun like me....REMEMBER WHAT DAMN PIPES AND SHADERS YOU UNLOCK!!!

lol, if mine doesn't work, which so far it looks great, I did not write down what shaders and pipes I unlocked, so I cannot just go right back and relock them, lol, whoops, I get the moron award.

well I dont game, the only reason i bought this card was because it was one of the only ones in my price range that had dual DVI ports on it.

mrmagoo_83 said:
Hey just for those who were quick to jump the gun like me....REMEMBER WHAT DAMN PIPES AND SHADERS YOU UNLOCK!!!

lol, if mine doesn't work, which so far it looks great, I did not write down what shaders and pipes I unlocked, so I cannot just go right back and relock them, lol, whoops, I get the moron award.
correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't un-installing rivatuner and perhaps the graphics drivers re-lock the pipes??

Or worst case scenario, just wipe windows and start fresh?

hypno-toad said:
Newegg has the same card for $162 ($167 with shipping) but also a $20 mail-in rebate. :)

The Monarch deal has the $20 rebate as well. Monarch deal = $163 with free shipping - $20 rebate for a total after rebate price of $143.

The Microcenter deal last week for the EVGA 6600GT for $108.53 - $45 MIR = $63.53 was a Really [H]ot Deal. Even after shipping and sales tax (Microcenter in my state) it still was a great deal.

Question...I am seeing via rivatuner that my Memory Speed is 753MHz, and my Core Speed is 324MHz.

Now from NewEggs site, it shows the specs as 700 & 350 repsectively. Any ideas wth I should do about that?

Back