XFX 790i Ultra SLI misbehaving

Captain Kirk

Limp Gawd
Specs are in my signature. This rig has never been 100% stable since I bought it almost six months ago. It will run solid for awhile and then it will experience a cluster of hard locks. The problem is frustratingly intermittent, and will even occur in other operating systems. The board's status LED indicates that it's still "running" when this is happening (i.e., it doesn't indicate any of the failure conditions specified in the manual). I've tried different RAM timings as recommended by XFX, I've reseated components, swapped out memory... I can't help but think it's the motherboard.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to know whether to toss the board and start over or do something else.

oh the joys of nvidia chipset boards, mine did the same, got rid of it within a couple months.

if you're just using the 1 graphics card then get a P45 board like the UD3P or P5Q Pro, thats what i had before my x58 and it was great.

it is a good replacement no doubt, but thats the same price as a x58 mobo you might aswell for for an i7 if you're gonna spend that much, the only difference between that and a P45 board is the X48 does x16 on both slots in crossfire, but if you're not using crossfire theres no reason to buy an x48 really as the P45 does better overclocks with quads.

Back