Xbox series X

Power Your Dreams with the all-digital Xbox Series S in Carbon Black, featuring 1TB SSD...coming September 1st for $349

No, just one account. There’s a pinned thread on the rewards Reddit that basically explains how to maximize points.
Agreed when I was doing this more frequently pulling 25 a month is very obtainable, just need to be a persistent clicker to pull off some good numbers.

Screenshot_20230720-065844.png

Red White and Blue. USA theme

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know that block in the case was a charging block when I first got it. I thought it was just something to keep the controller from moving around while in the case.

Picked up a Elite Black pretty expensive at Retail level but used my 10% discount. All of the stuff online seems to be broken or used returns. Unless you order through Microsoft.

Hope it doesn't have stick drift just return it otherwise

Update: It's just as good at the last elite the thunb sticks I think I'll use are the ones with smooth surface but same height.
I tried the really tall standoff it's ok for micro moving the mouse in a RPG like Wartales but if you move to too much it takes off really fast so that is a no go. Finally got rid of that Micro USB elite controller going to use this for Baldur's Gate 3.

I wonder if all the damage these controllers are from people really cranking on the left analog stick for running in COD?

Last edited:
Wow this thing has profile button that lights up I guess my old controller did that but never used it. You config with the X-Box app in Windows and switch profiles in the memory.
I slowed down the right thumbstick speed.

Wow going to try this I know you couldn't do this on the series 1

Update: Just tried this Holy is it nice alot more accurate precision if you turn it all the way to the right which is tighter might be too tight so I turned it to the left abit.
Going to make mousing over alot less time consuming sometimes you overun your destination in games.

Last edited:
Wow this thing has profile button that lights up I guess my old controller did that but never used it. You config with the X-Box app in Windows and switch profiles in the memory.
I slowed down the right thumbstick speed.
Glad you found it. I am usually using the smooth curve at the default setting.

Microsoft is pushing out the new dashboard update, and people are not happy with the changes. The update eliminates customization of the home tab, forcing store and Game Pass ads on the user in the top 2 visible groups. You can only add 2 custom groups to the home tab now when previously you could add up to 8 IIRC. Usable space on the home tab was also reduced by about two-thirds to allow custom wallpapers and backgrounds. The cherry on top is that the new UI design eschews almost every accessibility standard. Your most recently used games and apps is still at the top, at least.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/07/26/welcome-to-your-new-xbox-home/

Microsoft is pushing out the new dashboard update, and people are not happy with the changes. The update eliminates customization of the home tab, forcing store and Game Pass ads on the user in the top 2 visible groups. You can only add 2 custom groups to the home tab now when previously you could add up to 8 IIRC. Usable space on the home tab was also reduced by about two-thirds to allow custom wallpapers and backgrounds. The cherry on top is that the new UI design eschews almost every accessibility standard. Your most recently used games and apps is still at the top, at least.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/07/26/welcome-to-your-new-xbox-home/
At least they will listen and revert. Sony would tell everyone to fuck off.

I haven't had a chance to check out the update, but I'm liking the look of it. Very Sony-esque, imo.

I've gotten used to it, but the first time I used MS previous Xbox UI, it felt like a puzzle with all the different sized squares and ads.

I haven't had a chance to check out the update, but I'm liking the look of it. Very Sony-esque, imo.

I've gotten used to it, but the first time I used MS previous Xbox UI, it felt like a puzzle with all the different sized squares and ads.
The difference is Sony actually makes good use of the entire screen space in the PlayStation 5 GUI. When the PS5 launched it had some non-sensical choices, but Sony has since addressed them so that it now has both a great presentation and functionality. Microsoft seems to have nobody who can design a good GUI given their history. I'd say it will get better with updates, but they always seems to go through a regular cycle of progression and regression.

Debating taking GameStop’s bait of ~$400 trade in on the XSX toward a PS5 that also has a $50 off going on right now. Think with tax I figured it’d be around $80 out of pocket.

Granted neither really have that many actual exclusives that are of interest to me so don’t know if the PS5 would get anymore usage. But then I could wait to see what any potential Xbox refreshes do. Decisions decisions.

Yeah, it comes down to the games you play. But you'll make up that $80 out of pocket as soon as you have to upgrade the storage. It's less than half the price to get another 2TB in the PS5 compared to the Series X.

Yeah, it comes down to the games you play. But you'll make up that $80 out of pocket as soon as you have to upgrade the storage. It's less than half the price to get another 2TB in the PS5 compared to the Series X.
So true. Since I dropped a 1 TB (already have a 2 TB sitting in the shelf) I don't even remember what garbage I have installed on my PS5. Meanwhile on XSX I had to delete games quite a few times. At the end of the day I am a PC gamer at heart and since I got 3 years of XBL on PC, XSX really didn't get much use post that. Rare that a game I want to play is only on XSX XBL plan and not on PC.

All the latest ones I already played on PC like FH5, Halo Infinite, Requiem 2, Atomic Heart and so on.

Yeah, would def trade the Xbox for PS5. Dunno why I have one; PS5 gets exponentially more use since it has all the good exclusives and even cross platform games play the same on PS5 as they do on Xbox or if there's any difference the Xbox is usually trading higher resolution for worse or less stable performance than the PS5 version (in general of course, I'm sure there's a couple exceptions). I also much prefer the Dual Sense controller's ergonomics and enhanced haptics, but that's subjective.

And yeah, screw MS's proprietary SSD when you can get 2TB gen 4 SSDs for under $100 routinely now; I'm actually tempted to replace the 2TB SSD in mine with a 4TB for $170 and I already have another 4TB external HDD for my PS4 library on it as well that's pretty much full from years of PS+ games collected (many of which are actually worth playing).

PS5 got far more usage than XSX for me. I haven't even turned on XSX in past 5-6 months I think now.

Yeah, I think I've turned it on to use it once or so since Christmas time and that was to watch Super Mario Bros. Movie because we rented it from Redbox instead of paying the higher streaming rental cost.

Similiar to above with the addition of some of the other games I do use with it are completely usable on my original Xbox One since most are acutally Xbox 360 arcade titles. Sometimes I wonder if I would be better off finding a working Xbox 360 to play a lot of them since I own many more than were ever made backwards compatible. I've usually only kept 1 or 2 newer games on it at a time and haven't had too many issues with storage.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to just have both, I still just kind of struggle to figure out what to actually do with the XSX. It was originally bought to try to get the kids to use both of them to play together, but that just didn't work out as much as I'd hope. A good friend of mine who had been diehard Xbox player, bought a PC and PS5 instead this time around instead.

Yeah, my XSX got moved to the basement rec room where it's mainly being used by my 8 year old for Minecraft.

However, my PS5 hasn't seen much more action - I used it for Ghost of Tsushima a few weeks ago and have only turned it on for Youtube and the FF XVI demo. I'm thinking it's going to stay that way until Spider-Man 2 comes out.

PS5 got far more usage than XSX for me. I haven't even turned on XSX in past 5-6 months I think now.

You can blow smoke into it and record it with your phone. Unless you don't own a PC it's a pointless waste of energy someone at the thrift store will buy it in 20 years and post it on Reddit.

Introducing the Xbox MasterCard, which will reward you with Microsoft Reward points with every purchase. If you want to restrict your rewards eligibility to Microsoft's store instead of just getting cash back, now you're in luck! APR is variable based on the prime rate and currently ranges from 20.99% to 31.99%. The cash back equivalent for reward points is a paltry 0.5% for Microsoft Store purchases, 0.3% for streaming services, 0.1% for everything else (1,000 points == $1).

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/09/11/xbox-mastercard/

Introducing the Xbox MasterCard, which will reward you with Microsoft Reward points with every purchase. If you want to restrict your rewards eligibility to Microsoft's store instead of just getting cash back, now you're in luck! APR is variable based on the prime rate and currently ranges from 20.99% to 31.99%. The cash back equivalent for reward points is a paltry 0.5% for Microsoft Store purchases, 0.3% for streaming services, 0.1% for everything else (1,000 points == $1).

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/09/11/xbox-mastercard/
I thought you were just being silly until i clicked the link wtf......

Is there any reason to buy a Xbox before the nerfed Cylinder version comes out? I would of bought it for Halo infinite but guess what it's Free in Steam. I kinda see why they want to acquire Activision just for COD rights that would sell the console for sure.

Is there any reason to buy a Xbox before the nerfed Cylinder version comes out? I would of bought it for Halo infinite but guess what it's Free in Steam. I kinda see why they want to acquire Activision just for COD rights that would sell the console for sure.

One of my main reasons for playing Xbox over the PS5 version is for the KB+M support. I've since got used to using a gamepad (and have been really enjoying the PS5 gamepad with Cyberpunk), but do prefer the increased KB+M support found on Xbox.

The new one doesn't have a disc drive in it. So, no 4k bluray player or physical games.

Back