WTB: xG40 Seasonic PCIe cable

visionviper

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Seasonic Focus Plus I am looking to get a PCIe power cable for. It can be 6+2. 8, 2x6+2, doesn't matter. Only requirement is that the cable is of the xG40 family.

Only ones I have been able to find so far are ones like the common RG34. Seasonic's compatibility chart specifically recommends an xG40 cable as it includes an inline capacitor.

I have a Seasonic Focus Plus I am looking to get a PCIe power cable for. It can be 6+2. 8, 2x6+2, doesn't matter. Only requirement is that the cable is of the xG40 family.

Only ones I have been able to find so far are ones like the common RG34. Seasonic's compatibility chart specifically recommends an xG40 cable as it includes an inline capacitor.

That is interesting. I never know there was a difference between the RG40 and the RG34. I thought it was just the difference in the wire layout (RG34 has a flat cable vs RG40 which has a mesh wrap)

In the past I have used them interchangeably.

What is the application for which they recommend the xG40 over the RG34? Particular high powered GPU?

I had some seasonic cables mixed up in the parts bin.
Pop went one psu when I used the wrong cable.
Tossed all of them into the recycle bucket and ended up buying some aftermarket pci e cables for the model I had.
Think I used titan rig for the cables

I had some seasonic cables mixed up in the parts bin.
Pop went one psu when I used the wrong cable.
Tossed all of them into the recycle bucket and ended up buying some aftermarket pci e cables for the model I had.
Think I used titan rig for the cables

Yeah, thats a nightmare scenario. I try to keep my spare parts bin organized, but over time it's pretty much certain that modular cables from different vendors are going to get mixed up, and when they do, something might burn, as there is no standard for how modular cables are wired on the PSU side.
I really wish they labeled the damn cables better. Brand name, and which PSU model they came with would be a good start.

Back