WTB: Decent Soundbar or 5.1 system.

Edgar

2[H]4U
Just got a new TV. Of course the speakers on them aren't that great. Need something to replace them with. Looking to spend $200-300 max.

Live in Las Vegas. Willing to meet up locally as well.

2-300 being the max will be tough, but this guy on reddit has some good recommendations for speaker hardware.

Maybe someone here will have some used speakers & you can get a decent receiver to go with it.

Agreed. You can find a few htib setups on eBay or amazon that would be better than the factory speakers. Not sure what kind of end result you want, but if you decide to step it up a bit and piece together a quality setup I have some klipsch bookshelves and center channel set that I'm selling, would saturate your current budget though.

(edit) - you might find something better here on the forum, but if not here's a decent recommendation. http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S350...qid=1372234038&sr=8-1&keywords=Onkyo+HT-S3500

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bump. I don't mind if the system is used. As long as it works. How cheap is speaker wire for that onkyo?

I'd choosing the onkyo, I'd just get it new. Speaker wire should be provided in the kit.

Have you checked Craigslist in your area? Don't know how good it is but here in Georgia I picked up some crazy nice JBL Studio series speakers for like $100. 2 sets of speakers. Retailed for like $600 new. Receiver is a Denon AVR-1610 that I got for $100 as well. Definitely spent over $300 after getting a center channel and sub, but just something to think about.

Not for sale, but to offer a recommendation, I actually have that Onkyo system, as well as the Sony HT-CT150 soundbar. Both are pretty decent, and worth the money for a decent sound system. I got the Sony because I wanted something compact for the bedroom that could handle DTS audio, while having the Onkyo in the living room.

I have the HT-S3400 for sale. Shipping from Ohio to Vegas is going to suck though. PM me and see if we can work something out.

Its pretty much new, been sitting for about a year since I moved.

Bump. Was just seeing if anyone had old/decent stuff lying around that wasn't being used.

Back