WTB Dead video cards.

Gawd
I'm looking for some dead vid cards to make a collage on my wall. So far I have most of what I need, but I'm laking a radon 9600 XT, a radeon 9800 pro, X800 pro. I also have all the other Leadtechs except this one Leadtek WinFast A400TDH 128MB GeForce Video Card.

Please say if you have any dead ones. I'll accept them if there is minimal physical damage. Willing to pay alittle bit of money as I've already spent ~200$ on the project.

Thanks.

I know it's not what you're looking for, but I have a working TNT2 card. You can have the heatsink too, if you want. (it fell off... no extra charge :))

I suppose you could make a collage on the floor with it, if nothing else.

good luck with your project.

I wish I had a dead card to donate to your cause, but just out of couriosity, what is the collage for? A time killer?

I got a geforce3 ti500, the memory and ram sinks are gone and not on it anymore..
picture if you want

I'm building a theater in my house. It used to the 2 door garage, but now going to be the home theater room. A different 'art' project is going on each one of the walls.

It started with my GF painting me a few pictures of my car for a present. They turned out amazing and I wanted to show her how much I enjoyed them, so I gave them a spot in my favorite room in the house. The pictures are also mounted on car parts, Like a stack of 4 tires, and put one of the pictures on top. Then a nice chromed out LT1 and a picture on there. Then a 1/4 size model of my car. So far I've spent ~5K on this segment of the wall.

The next wall is filled with theater posters. Poster's such as DTS/Dolby Digital/Adire Audio/And NAD. (Adire and NAD is the equipment I use in my theater) This wall only cost about 1K.

The next wall is for my other ambition, which is computers. One spot is filled with dead procs, it's full, the next is filled with a timeline of mobo's, and the next spot is filled with dead vid cards. I'm trying to do a timeline of ATI cards, so that's why I need the radeons, and above those is going to Nvidia. I also acquired lots of Leadtech vid cards, so I'm going to do a small segment on them. I don't want to spend a ton of money on this wall, as I went WAYYYY over budget on the other's. (I speced about 100$ PER WALL) Pics will be shot once it's all finished.

Please help.

Forgot to say what the 4th wall is. It's the screen. I custom made it out of some white fabric. It's all cut to size with a nice frame. I haven't figured out what I'm going to paint it with yet though.

The audio system consists of a NAD T752 receiver, a NAD PE 2200 for the mains, and 2x 250 watt plate amps. The mains are Adire Kit 281's, the rears are Elf Spires, the low end are 2 Adire Audio Tempests in sonotubes. I haven't decided on the center yet. I'll probably go with the Adire LCC.

Projector hasn't been decided on either.

I can't find my gf3 ti500, it's been around forever and the one time someone may want it, i can't find it.

Sorry :( I'll look around and let you know if i find it

Bump ^

I don't have any dead cards, i do have a ISA Vid Card :)

Well i guess you can call ISA dead. :D

i've got a radeon 9000 pro 128mb card that sucked majorly. installed the thing, everything 2d worked, trashed the box cleaning my room, install 3d drivers, and figure out there's extreme corruption in everything. *joy* i'm lucky it wasn't an expensive card, cause, what are the chances it gets through quality control :rolleyes: . vga, s-video, dvi. i've put the heatsink to better use replacing my northbridge cooler, so the chip is exposed with the ati logo etc
drop me a pm if you're interested

Bump, I have a couple G3s. I ripped a radeon 9000 pro outa one of my machines to put on the wall :)

I have about 20 old AGP 2X, PCI, and ISA cards. If you are looking for anything in particular PM me.

intact but DEAD Abit Siluro ti4200

and you REALLY need to post pics of the collage!

Please post a pic! I'm currently working on a dead hard drive clock, using heads/arms for clock hands and a platter for the background. Another free bump! (unless you wanna pay me something :p )

I am working on an x86 CPU plaque myself, D8086 (I got 2 of these antiques made in 1978!), 80286, 80386, 80486, P1, P1 MMX, P2, P3 slot, Celly 370, AMD K6-2, K7 Socket A Duron, K7 SlotA Athlon I have. Still lookin for a P3 socket 370, P4 478, Socket A Athlon, AMD64.

Oh well I will own and fry some soon enough! It is a neverending project.

Loading said:
I'm looking for some dead vid cards to make a collage on my wall. So far I have most of what I need, but I'm laking a radon 9600 XT, a radeon 9800 pro, X800 pro. I also have all the other Leadtechs except this one Leadtek WinFast A400TDH 128MB GeForce Video Card.

Please say if you have any dead ones. I'll accept them if there is minimal physical damage. Willing to pay alittle bit of money as I've already spent ~200$ on the project.

Thanks.

I just threw out a bad 128-meg Leadtek card a week ago. I would have given it to you for just the cost of shipping. :)

steve

I have a dead Triplex Millennium Silver Ti4200 128.

It was assinated by a Soltek SL85ERV, Also silver.

Both items were imports and the venders were unhelpfull.

This was my first and last attempt to build a color matched system with a window.

I got faggy and paid the price

Think I may have a PNY Ti4200 64MB lying around; capacitors about to bust, so she's dead (works for 1 minute....). At work now, but I think it has a purple-ish PCB w/silver ramsinks.
Cost of shipping puts it on your wall. If you don't want her, anyone else is free to the same deal. Cost of shipping puts it in your hands. Email me at
james.hurt at james-hurt dot com
Loading has first dibs, after that she's fair game. Let's keep his thread clean, emails only, no PM's. Here's to ya, Loading!

Back