WTB 3070 or similar level card

project86

Limp Gawd
Upgrading my kid's setup, coming from a 2060 and would like something like a 3070 or similar (maybe 3060ti 12GB or 3080 if the price is right, open to other suggestions though). Budget around $300 and I'd like to stick with Nvidia if possible.

Please let me know if you have something that might fit, thanks!

Thanks, I wasn't clear about the 8GB vs 12GB 3060/ti situation.

I'm already in contact with that seller but just wanted to see what else is out there. All else equal I wouldn't mind a card that has been used casually rather than mined on.

Thanks, I wasn't clear about the 8GB vs 12GB 3060/ti situation.

I'm already in contact with that seller but just wanted to see what else is out there. All else equal I wouldn't mind a card that has been used casually rather than mined on.
I would rule out 3060's personally. The Ti variants lack vram and the vanilla 3060 isn't super powerful, you can do better for 300. I would also not limit yourself to nVidia, especially with this class of card which isn't really viable for RT. A 6700XT for example is significantly more powerful than any 3060x card, has 12gb of ram and can be had for <$300 on the used market.

The problem with going AMD is that my kid does a decent amount in Blender, where the Nvidia cards are significantly better even if they are otherwise competitive in gaming.

Those are 3060tis and 3070s...don't worry too much if they've been mined on. They were probably undervolted to keep power consumption low and the gddr6 on the 3060ti/3070 kept cool as compared to the gddr6 on the 3080 and above.

I use a mined on card...I did the mining, but it is fine.

Back