Woman Drives Drunk Live On Social Media

I wonder which side of the fence people who think there should be controlled breeding are on? Do you think yourself worthy of breeding? Is your intellect desirable for the gene pool that we would sacrifice compassion? Who is best to decide selective breeding to evolve the species? Surely people in politics would be the best choice? Maybe scientists, which many people don't believe anyways. Maybe just those average joe forum posters, they would be the best to decide where our species should go as a whole.

:)

You need a license to drive a car, boat, own a firearm, etc .... but any moron can procreate. Perhaps something to thing about.

I wonder which side of the fence people who think there should be controlled breeding are on? Do you think yourself worthy of breeding? Is your intellect desirable for the gene pool that we would sacrifice compassion? Who is best to decide selective breeding to evolve the species? Surely people in politics would be the best choice? Maybe scientists, which many people don't believe anyways. Maybe just those average joe forum posters, they would be the best to decide where our species should go as a whole.

:)

Well, obviously I should decide who does or doesn't get to breed since I'm the only one around here who makes claims about random stuff using a blog I pretend to write, but never hyperlink because it doesn't exist, as a source of facts. I'll be all like, "Nope. No. No way! Nu-uh. Oh...well, you're okay. Nope. Naah. No. No. No..," and so forth.

As for myself, I'm already out of the gene pool totally, will never get in it ever, and am the happiest person ever about that decision. :) There's nothing at all out there ever worth doing that nasty stuff with, let alone making more of that person with. Pretty much everyone I've met just makes me wanna find an airplane vomit bag to throw up into if I think about them that way.

Well, obviously I should decide who does or doesn't get to breed since I'm the only one around here who makes claims about random stuff using a blog I pretend to write, but never hyperlink because it doesn't exist, as a source of facts. I'll be all like, "Nope. No. No way! Nu-uh. Oh...well, you're okay. Nope. Naah. No. No. No..," and so forth.

As for myself, I'm already out of the gene pool totally, will never get in it ever, and am the happiest person ever about that decision. :) There's nothing at all out there ever worth doing that nasty stuff with, let alone making more of that person with. Pretty much everyone I've met just makes me wanna find an airplane vomit bag to throw up into if I think about them that way.

Just a booth with you sitting there with a FAIL stamp checking paper work lol

Just a booth with you sitting there with a FAIL stamp checking paper work lol

Ooh awesome! I'd totally do that job if I had a FAIL stamp. There'd be this crazy factory/assembly line style music in the background while I slapped big, red FAILs onto breeding applications to the beat. I'd have to get like a bobblehead or something on my desk so it's little head would shake around with each stamping. SQUEE!!! Best. Mental. Image. EVER!!!

You need a license to drive a car, boat, own a firearm, etc .... but any moron can procreate. Perhaps something to thing about.

Absolutely nothing to thing(sic) about, procreation is a basic function of life and is absolutely needed for life to continue in the general sense, in no way comparable to car,boat,gun.

Nothing wrong in a little selective breeding to improve the gene pool. We apply it to other animals to breed the best. Why should we not apply it sensibly to humans? Healthcare bills won't get any smaller otherwise.

No use in letting the worst of the worst get larger and larger. Plus if it helps stave off the resource wars (which I agree will likely be the major influence in the coming decade or two) for a while then all the better.

Doesn't matter, one way or another it will start to factor into society.

Genetic flaws are what catalyze evolution. Otherwise, with selective breeding, we'd all end up with elongated skulls, diseased, or with breathing problems like Pugs. If humans are too stupid to stop themselves from dying out, too stupid to make our own decisions, then we are too stupid to implement eugenics in a beneficial and humane way.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is illogical, class elitist, and poopy.

Genetic flaws are what catalyze evolution. Otherwise, with selective breeding, we'd all end up with elongated skulls, diseased, or with breathing problems like Pugs. If humans are too stupid to stop themselves from dying out, too stupid to make our own decisions, then we are too stupid to implement eugenics in a beneficial and humane way.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is illogical, class elitist, and poopy.

I did say 'a little' and 'sensible'.

No harm in trying to rid ourselves of some of the less desirable aspects of the human type. Certain genetic/health disorders etc.

I'm not saying we need to create race horses. Just weed out some of the ones that would have died out naturally a couple of hundred years ago.

I did say 'a little' and 'sensible'.

No harm in trying to rid ourselves of some of the less desirable aspects of the human type. Certain genetic/health disorders etc.

I'm not saying we need to create race horses. Just weed out some of the ones that would have died out naturally a couple of hundred years ago.

tongue n cheek -

Oh, so the retards, gays, liberal arts majors, asthmatics, vegans, Forrest Gumps, jews and Ben Carson supporters?

:eek:

I watched that movie once and it was awful and very not funny. I mean it was supposed to be artsy and touching, which is cool, but it just came across as like really, really bad and super fake. Forrest Gump is basically a litterbox movie totally.

Well maybe the solution is to put a contraceptive in the drinking water...and soda to catch out the non water drinkers. Then if you want a kid you have to have an interview, take a competency test and pay a $2000 fee to take a pill that counters the contraceptive.

Sorted!

This seems like the best system. People would start life without the ability to procreate, and the have to earn it later.

This seems like the best system. People would start life without the ability to procreate, and the have to earn it later.

I was thinking more along the lines of having to prove you have the proper mindset, finances, education, and time to properly raise a child in order to obtain a license to have children.

I was thinking more along the lines of having to prove you have the proper mindset, finances, education, and time to properly raise a child in order to obtain a license to have children.

And who defines properly raising a child? I should not be the least bit surprised that controlling others and eliminating freedoms are what how people really think.

And who defines properly raising a child? I should not be the least bit surprised that controlling others and eliminating freedoms are what how people really think.

If you need a loan to buy a house or car you have to prove to the bank that you are capable of repaying that loan.

If you want a firearm (at least in my country) you have to prove you don't have any mental health issues.

If you want to apply for a certain jobs you need to prove your level of education.

The reality is that people are already asked to prove their finances, mental state, and education all the time for comparatively insignificant reasons ... but anyone can procreate even if they do not have the means to properly raise a child.

If you need a loan to buy a house or car you have to prove to the bank that you are capable of repaying that loan.

If you want a firearm (at least in my country) you have to prove you don't have any mental health issues.

If you want to apply for a certain jobs you need to prove your level of education.

The reality is that people are already asked to prove their finances, mental state, and education all the time for comparatively insignificant reasons ... but anyone can procreate even if they do not have the means to properly raise a child.

One is not at all the same as the others. Proving that you are financially stable enough to get a house and being able to raise a child are two entirely different things. Clearly, unless I am misunderstanding, you have not thought through the ramifications of what is being suggested. Basically, you want someone else to determine what is ok for you as far as raising a child and what you can teach him or her.

Freedoms are very critical to the human condition. Otherwise, you are speaking of a dictatorship or controlling the population of a country. (Think 1984.) It is rather surprising coming from a forum that freaks out over just the possibility of a Microsoft OS spying on them.

Where did I say that I want someone else to tell me what I can teach a child?

Population control will be necessity whether one likes it or not. We do not have the resources to sustain the ever expanding human species. Humans are going to have to transition from thinking about individual selves and the now, to thinking about our species and the future.

Population control will be necessity whether one likes it or not. We do not have the resources to sustain the ever expanding human species. Humans are going to have to transition from thinking about individual selves and the now, to thinking about our species and the future.

Yet, that is exactly what would happen, which, in my opinion, means you have not thought it completely through. When you give someone control over your life, they will have control even to the point of how you bring up your child as well as what you can and cannot teach that child. (Punishment will be the results of going against what you are allowed to do.)

Getting a menace off the streets is one thing, I just find it funny controlling other people is so in vogue these days. Its not going to end well.

I don't subscribe to slippery slope theories.
Having a minimum qualification for procreating does not equal complete and total control over your life.

Yet, that is exactly what would happen, which, in my opinion, means you have not thought it completely through. When you give someone control over your life, they will have control even to the point of how you bring up your child as well as what you can and cannot teach that child. (Punishment will be the results of going against what you are allowed to do.)

Well, like it or not, people give up control of their lives in whole or part all of the time to other people or to organizations. When you drive somewhere, you give up control over whether or not you live or die on that trip to people around you. When you're born, you give up control of the development of your own mind to your family, teachers, tutors, relatives, friends, bullies, and whatever else. When you decide to live in a particular nation, you give up control over what is or isn't legally permitted. When you join a religious organization (and actually do what they say) you surrender control of your ability to dictate your own ideology. Dislike of the idea of not being in control is a tool for the meek to use on themselves and others in an attempt to prevent mental discomfort (or physical discomfort too) and they pull it out to use it when it's advantageous to the dialogue but hide it away, even from themselves, when it doesn't benefit their thoughts. Fear not your loss of control. You've never had control, or freedom, or "rights" or any of that other stuff to begin with so you may as well stop trying to believe otherwise. If not this government, there'll be another leader in some form and another set of standards by which you must abide in order to have a structured society.

Well, like it or not, people give up control of their lives in whole or part all of the time to other people or to organizations. When you drive somewhere, you give up control over whether or not you live or die on that trip to people around you. When you're born, you give up control of the development of your own mind to your family, teachers, tutors, relatives, friends, bullies, and whatever else. When you decide to live in a particular nation, you give up control over what is or isn't legally permitted. When you join a religious organization (and actually do what they say) you surrender control of your ability to dictate your own ideology. Dislike of the idea of not being in control is a tool for the meek to use on themselves and others in an attempt to prevent mental discomfort (or physical discomfort too) and they pull it out to use it when it's advantageous to the dialogue but hide it away, even from themselves, when it doesn't benefit their thoughts. Fear not your loss of control. You've never had control, or freedom, or "rights" or any of that other stuff to begin with so you may as well stop trying to believe otherwise. If not this government, there'll be another leader in some form and another set of standards by which you must abide in order to have a structured society.

Don't come bitching to me when things do not end up the way you want them too. (After all, someone else is controlling your life anyways, right? :rolleyes:) So, do you also use the excuse someone made you do such and such or so and so?

Don't come bitching to me when things do not end up the way you want them too. (After all, someone else is controlling your life anyways, right? :rolleyes:) So, do you also use the excuse someone made you do such and such or so and so?

If you're silly enough to argue with me without a good set of intelligent ways of addressing my actual post, but still insist on fighting by trying to redirect the conversation into something about personal accountability, then we can stop here because we both know I'm right and that this part is just the pointless human need to fix hurt feelings by trying to seek an alternate means to achieve victory.

If you're silly enough to argue with me without a good set of intelligent ways of addressing my actual post, but still insist on fighting by trying to redirect the conversation into something about personal accountability, then we can stop here because we both know I'm right and that this part is just the pointless human need to fix hurt feelings by trying to seek an alternate means to achieve victory.

If you say so. :rolleyes::p Well, you are a slave to sin so, I guess for you, freedom does not exist. Oh, and I did not see anything worth commenting on in your post but, you do not think I have freedom anyways so chew on that. :D

In the same train of thought, I don't want our government controlling who can and can't breed, at least directly. Now if the government gave zero assistance to families then that's one thing, but for the government to go all China and say you can only have 1 child. I'm sorry that's government overstepping it's boundaries.

I want to agree with you and in a perfect world I do. However this isn't a perfect world and reality proves people aren't responsible enough. The fact is we have over 7 billion of us and we cannot sustain this growth much longer. Yet even with that being common knowledge you still have selfish assholes out there having 4,5,6 or even 20 kids. I'm sorry, but if society cannot control itself, then yes it is the government's responsibility to step in.

This argument has been made for over 200 years and it hasn't come to fruition yet.

Also, the places where this kind of regulation would have any success in being enforced already have low birth rates, so your proposed "solution" to global overcrowding doesn't even fit with what we know about how that issue fits in with what we know about advanced industrial societies, birth rates, and robust government infrastructure.

Back