Wireless Network for ChromeCast

Karandras

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey,

So I was recommended to get 4 Chromecasts for 4 TVs that are for my daughters gymnastics club. This was just before a meet. I tested this (casting chrome browsers from one computer to all 4 using different chrome profiles) and it worked great until they threw another 5 computers onto the network the day of the meet (which I didn't know about). The crappy ISP wireless router crapped out and kept dropping all of the clients so the Chromecast was put on hold until I could figure out a solution. SO my solution is to have a separate wireless network for just the chromecast and one computer to use, then have that connect back to their ISP's router via ethernet.

Now these 4 TVs are laid out in a straight line with the two end TVs being about 100ft away from eachother.

Was going to get a RB951Ui-2HnD from http://routerboard.com/ then put this in the ceiling in the middle of all the TVs to get the best coverage for the cheapest amount.

The other option was to do cAP 2n from routerboard as well and just a nice ceiling mounted unit for a good price with a router built in.

I understand that chromecasts aren't the most secure choice for this as they can easily be taken over with the right tools but I think it'll be alright for this application.

Any other suggestions? The cheaper the better but should still be stable.

Thanks.

Back