Windows 10 users: Get ready to be bugged about creating a Microsoft Account

Proxmox does it in their paid channel, not the free one.
They paywall many of the more advanced features like that.

But if your board can’t split the lanes get an m.2 based GPU just for the OS.
Ah, I didn't know they did it only in the paid for version. Thanks for the info.

Yeah. The whole situation is absolutely asinine and the only company at fault here is Google. It's not Apple's responsibility to fix this cluster that Google created. Maybe Apple adopting the base RCS standard will actually finally force one, unified standard. Time will tell.
They are adopting it to get the EU off their ass, but Apple and the GSMA with EU oversight are working to build a new open standard to replace RCS. The EU investigation into RCS and Apple showed them that the issue was far more complex than just Apple not wanting to support it, so they realize it’s a lost cause and it needs to go.

Ah, I didn't know they did it only in the paid for version. Thanks for the info.
It might actually be free now, I get conflicting info when I search for it, I know somebody who runs it for their primary host I’ll shoot him an email and get back to you on that.

He got back to me, it's no longer a paid feature.

Last edited:
They are adopting it to get the EU off their ass, but Apple and the GSMA with EU oversight are working to build a new open standard to replace RCS. The EU investigation into RCS and Apple showed them that the issue was far more complex than just Apple not wanting to support it, so they realize it’s a lost cause and it needs to go.
Makes sense. It's not Apple's fault there's 800 different standards with Google in the middle of it ... f'ing it all up with their nonsense.

Makes sense. It's not Apple's fault there's 800 different standards with Google in the middle of it ... f'ing it all up with their nonsense.
I remember when RCS was first introduced a long time ago, and I was talking to companies about it. They couldn't articulate all that well what it was, why we needed it, and how it would be widely adopted. It took ages even to get to the point where it was being used as a semi-consistent messaging service. Better to either develop a truly universal secure RCS or to adopt an entirely new standard.

I remember when RCS was first introduced a long time ago, and I was talking to companies about it. They couldn't articulate all that well what it was, why we needed it, and how it would be widely adopted. It took ages even to get to the point where it was being used as a semi-consistent messaging service. Better to either develop a truly universal secure RCS or to adopt an entirely new standard.
Companies were talking about it because the GSMA introduced it to them as the future of text-based marketing, and how it was going to revolutionize their ability to interface with customers and better drive spending via smart marketing campaigns.
One of their many releases on the subject.
https://www.gsma.com/futurenetworks/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/RCS-Whitepaper-Infobip_Feb20.pdf

What are you talking about? Virtually every single finance professional in every single business in the world is an advanced Excel user and has entire workflows based around MS-specific functionality.

I know about how engineers optimize the output of a chemical plant using massive Excel spreadsheets,.
Likewise, believe it or not there are many engineering departments that can't run without Windows. We design embedded hardware and a lot of our tools like Altium won't run in Linux. My engineers prefer Linux by far, but they are constantly dual-booting since a lot of the tools we use won't function properly in VMs.

See above.
Anyone thinking Linux is a complete business solution is delusional or just under-educated about how businesses actually work.
^^^^

Back