Windows 10 Blocking Counterfeit Games?

Oh please, Microsoft, save us from ourselves.
Enslave us faster!!!

and rightly so. Otherwise, they'll continue to chip away at their CONSUMERS ability to control what they purchase and before you know it, hello Apple 2.0 (but worse).

It's the frog in boiling pot.
Some people are just now starting to notice that the water is getting hot.

Shame on them for noticing? :confused:

Not noticing something that's never happened my be the reason why. This EULA doesn't over Windows 10 but it does cover services that Windows 10 uses. Indeed the EULA in part would have some impact on iOS, Android and OS X because much of the stuff in that EULA runs on those platforms.

This is standard legal boilerplate by liticaphobic lawyers. They aren't going to be removing unauthorized copies of software from your computer.

Not noticing something that's never happened my be the reason why. This EULA doesn't over Windows 10 but it does cover services that Windows 10 uses. Indeed the EULA in part would have some impact on iOS, Android and OS X because much of the stuff in that EULA runs on those platforms.

Your facts mean nothing here.

Guys, I'm selling tin foil hats for 5 bucks. They're made to order (one size fits all) and guaranteed to stop MS from erasing your pirated games from your Windows 10 system.

Get them while they last. After these run out, the price goes to 10 bucks.

It doesn't matter. guys with teh MS Tin Foil hats on will continue to discuss how Windows 10 is attacking their freedom.
Just as the Micro$haft apologists will keep defending their every move. :p

Guys, I'm selling tin foil hats for 5 bucks. They're made to order (one size fits all) and guaranteed to stop MS from erasing your pirated games from your Windows 10 system.

Get them while they last. After these run out, the price goes to 10 bucks.

I've got genuine Bill Gates-flavored candy dildos for sale too! They're perfect for sucking on when you can't get the real thing! ;)

I think windows needs a module that monitors your activities and judges and sentences you on the spot.

I've got genuine Bill Gates-flavored candy dildos for sale too! They're perfect for sucking on when you can't get the real thing! ;)

ZZNuQEc.gif

OK, after reading the agreement more carefully :

This is, amongst other things, the former XBox Live agreement.

See :
These terms (“Terms”) cover the use of those Microsoft’s consumer products, websites, and services listed here (the “Services”). Many of these products previously had separate terms that were called different names, such as “Xbox Live Terms of Use” or “Skype Terms of Use,” and these Terms replace those separate terms. You accept these Terms by creating a Microsoft account or Skype account, through your use of the Services, or by continuing to use the Services after being notified of a change to these Terms.

It is not the Windows EULA. This is basically a giant amalgamation of all of Microsoft's previous service agreements and the clause in question applies to XBox, not PC. The counterfeit games clause is a straight cut and paste from the previous XBox Live agreement. This is nothing new; Microsoft has always been able to scan XBox's for unauthorized modifications and counterfeit software.

Another over blown bs statement, they are not scanning your computer to find if you have cracked games of some other companies program. It relates to Microsoft\xbox games.

Just imagine them scanning every dam computer looking for things.... they would never get anything done...

Prove I'm wrong. There is no BS in what I said considering the EULA and how Win10 is a privacy horror show.

Prove I'm wrong. There is no BS in what I said considering the EULA and how Win10 is a privacy horror show.

How is it a privacy horror show any worse than all of the connected services that a billion plus people are using that have nothing to do with Windows 10 or Windows period?

OK, after reading the agreement more carefully :

This is, amongst other things, the former XBox Live agreement.

See :

It is not the Windows EULA. This is basically a giant amalgamation of all of Microsoft's previous service agreements and the clause in question applies to XBox, not PC. The counterfeit games clause is a straight cut and paste from the previous XBox Live agreement. This is nothing new; Microsoft has always been able to scan XBox's for unauthorized modifications and counterfeit software.

Yeah, it's been said multiple times but no one is listening. Save your strength.

Just as the Micro$haft apologists will keep defending their every move. :p

Just like the anti-microsoft crowd will see one line out of an EULA, bitch and moan about it, and then complain about media taking Donald Trump actions out of context. Get a grip

To summarize the masses on [H]:

I don't care what the text says or what products/services it applies to, Windows 10 is spying on me and I can't jack off until I reinstall my old OS.

Back