Will the Archon fit ?

Dantrax

Gawd
Hi, Is anyone using a Thermalright Archon with an Asus Rampage Formula 4, or an Extreme (socket 2011) & G-Skill ram (not the lower Ares ram) ? I want to mount the Archon blowing to the top of my case, so it doesn't foul the 1st PCIe slot but now I'm not sure if it will fit over the ram. If some body else is using another cooler that fits this configuration please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

If i was you, i'd buy the archon, test fit it, and if it didnt fit, i'd toss the gskill for some of that wicked 30nm samsung ram that overclocks like a beast. Ram is so cheap these days, you are able to base your ram purchasing decisions on the size of your HSF, not the other way around.

Thanks but I already have the Archon, the GSkill ram is on the way. I kinda put the cart before the horse. Maybe I'll break down & go H80 or H100 since I have room for 3 - 120mm fans on top of my PC in case the Archon doesn't fit. I'm just trying to save a $100 & I'm leary about going water. I'll see what happens & post my results & maybe some temps.

Back