will a asus eah5870 fit in a antec1200 case?

venomous42

n00b
i have a evga gtx260 216 in it now, and its a 10.5inch card, the 5870 is 11.1inch card. it looks like it will be close. wondering if anyone else with this case has used this card, or a 11+ inch card in this case.

I have installed an HD 5970 in an Antec 1200 case. You'll be fine.

card-with-others.jpg

GTX 295, HD 5970, HD 5870, HD 4890

The card fits, but it's a somewhat tight squeeze. The Antec 1200 offers only about 1.5" more room (rear to front) than the Antec 900/902 that I criticized for being so cramped rear to front.

You'll Prob will lose 1 HDD slot.

Maybe 2 HDD slots. That's because most high-end cards have double-slot coolers that may cover the entire area of the card. Reference designs of the high-end cards from both NVIDIA and AMD are notorious for this.

I have the 1200. You'll loose 2 HD slots for sure, but there's 12 drive slots, so it shouldn't be an issue. The other thing you probably won't be able to use is the extra internal fan in front of the video cards if you're running one. Maybe that's why the OP was concerned, he has that extra fan in there. My GTX280 easily has 2 more inches of clearance without the extra fan. Not to mention you can move the middle removable drive bay forward a bit and the card should clear a little bit more.

wont that be 3 HDD slots? since my antec 1200 uses HDD modules in sets of 3

No, just one. You can install drives to the two other slots in the mount without issue. If you use an SSD, you won't lose a slot at all since a 2.5" drive will fit in there without any problems.

Last edited:
It would install with plenty of room.

Fitted my 5870 and 580 GTX just fine

Back