Will 7950 fit in pc-9f ?

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
You can remove the hard drive cage in the PC-9F to allow for a longer video card. If you don't need all of the HDD slots the PC-9F has to offer, you can just modify the drive cage by cutting it in half (above the flat part in the pictures) and using either the top or bottom pieces that you're left with. Also, if you don't have a whole lot of hard drives, you could just mount them in the 5.25" bays. Same applies if you have an SSD and maybe a 2.5" storage drive (such as myself) with this.

Yea; kind of hope to avoid that if I have to; the cage is currently populated and I have two drives in the 5.25. Hum. Was kind of hoping someone who had the pc-9f could comment if they actually had trouble installing a 7950 (without modifying or removing the cage - i mean removing the cage to install the card and reinstalling the cage is fine).

Have you thought about using a 7950 by a different brand? The XFX one I found on the 'Egg is 10.5" long. Just my $0.02

Yea; price. Actually the saphire 2L is 269 right now but it too is 11.4 inches long - the 3L is 10.xx; but is $40 more.

Back