Why its important to keep your rig clean!

Well guys, I was poking around my system and fired up HWMonitor for the first time in awhile and saw my GPU(in sig) was idling at 60C with an HR-03 Plus which I knew wasn't normal, and even the CPU was higher than it should've been. I took the side panel off and saw there was dust buildup EVERYWHERE! I have neglected it for awhile I'll admit, but not anymore after this. It took 4 cans of compressed air to get it mostly clean. I have a screeny of HWMonitor of the computer JUST idling. The min/max are from before and after the dusting, with the CPU showing the biggest improvement. Screeny speaks for itself!

Untitled2.jpg

^ Thats what I was looking at before but couldnt really find anything small like that since I didnt need anything that much bigger.

Well not 4 cans completely, but I had to keep switching to another can because the one before was losing compression and I didn't feel like waiting for them to recharge. I actually looked at those before but I thought they were only vacuums, not dusters to blow the dust out. If thats the case then I will definitely be picking one up.

I'll be looking into both of those, thanks guys!

If you'd like to keep your case a little cleaner at the expense of some cooling effectiveness, orient your case fans such that they are creating a positive pressure environment in the case (this assumes you have filters on your intake fans.) See this guide for more information.

Back