Who Wants to Be a Mars Colonist?

Actually, I'd be willing to do it.

I'm unmarried, no children, nothing invested on this damn planet, and no ties to anything. So, it'll make giving up life on Earth very easy for me.

"Where do I sign up?" I ask.

At the very least, I'm giving up on the following besides internet:
  • No more reality TV shows. Yay, they're all stupid.
  • No more infomercials. Yay, they're both stupid and over-exaggerated.
  • No more paying taxes. YES!
  • No more ignorant and careless politicians driving this country into the ground. My votes never seemed to matter anyway...
  • No more dealing with bad news on TV, newspaper and online. I don't have to get depressed about the world dying off in the next 50 years because of human ignorance and lack of empathy.

foreveralone.jpg

Just an FYI, even if you are abroad, be it out of the country or in space, you still have to pay taxes on income or at least file taxes if your under the minimum. Under special circumstances, like deployment, war or on a mission for NASA (which this isn't), it can be postponed for you, but you still must file. Also, even astronauts vote.

I might submit to if

My only real concern would be the following:

Lol you need help? Fuck that its expensive.
One psycho kills everyone
Lack of hotties

Lack of hotties? Doesn't Mars have triple-boobed ladies?

But in this case you would no longer be a citizen of any country on earth, right?

Nah I would imagine leaders of countries where people have been chosen ask them to represent their country's interest or image on Mars.

Can you imagine how bad the ping times would be when you want to play on the internet? Average of >20:00 ping. Be hard to do online gaming.

Don't forget to pack plenty of chemotherapy drugs. That is a long time in space exposed to a lot of radiation.

Back