While waiting for GTX 680

azeem40

Limp Gawd
Will HD 3000 Graphics be fine for some games? I am willing to play them on lowered settings until the GTX 680 is back in stock. My CPU will be an i5-2500k processor OCed to 4.5 GHz. I plan to play Runescape, BF3 and Skyrim. Thanks.

something like a 3870 will handle runescape and skyrim and probably bf3 at lower settings

Ok, then I will either have to get the Radeon 7950 3GB or play Runescape on HD 3000 integrated graphics.

Oh, and another question. How will the GTX 680 run PSX2 Emulator?

PCSX2 emulator is a lot more CPU demanding than GPU since it's programmed mainly to use 2 cores only, your 4.5Ghz sandy bridge will help a lot there.

As for using the GSdx plug-in to upscale games to HD+ resolution, 680 will probably function exactly like the 580 (which is great and more than enough by the way), because from most tests it seems like the more memory bandwidth your GPU has, the better your upscaling results will be. My 6970 Lightning runs stuff @ 2048x2048 without any FPS issues (I mostly play FFXII).

I have run crisis on a old pentuim 4 extreme edition cpu with a agp ATI 3850 at meduim settings.

I am also considering getting a lesser card for now and then getting the GTX 680 when it is back in stock. What do you all think?

I just picked up a GTX 560 Ti 448 cores for $199, it'll do until the custom PCB GTX 680s start to show up. :D

Where did you get the 560ti 448 core for that little? Will I be able to find a deal like that?

Directron is a good company. I have purchased many items from them over the years. They package well which makes it worth a few extra dollars to me especially on items like OEM drives which I have stopped purchasing from Newegg because of poor packing. Don't forget you can get free shipping via the [Hot]DEALS code from New Directron Hot Deals

New 3/23
Free Shipping for any order of $200 or more: march200

Problem is that Evga most likely will not honor the warranty for a card from Ebay. Also the 560 ti 448 core for $199 was probably from the F/S section, but I'm really not sure.

Thanks! I order everything tomorrow for my new computer so I hope the deal is still there! If not, I will just come back here and ask for more opinions! :)

Just watch the hot deals forums... I am not interest in a 680 right now, but I was able to add several to my cart at different retailers & refresh till they were gone today..

680 is in stock daily at one or more retailers, so yes it is odd.

I'll have to agree with Prav on this lol. I've had at least twenty opportunities to pick up a 680 in the past 24 hours, and that's not even counting the ones that are still currently in stock at Directron and some other places.

I play mw3 at high settings, with 720 or a bit higher resolutions without any trouble with a HD 3000.
i7 2600k
Also waiting for 680.

Back