Which tablet?

DarkStar02

2[H]4U
Looking for a tablet PC. I've been looking at a used 2740p but I'm still undecided. I'd like it to have a full voltage CPU if possible. Suggestions?

The x220 that just came out today has options for full voltage i3, i5, and i7 processors. However, are you looking for a slate, or a convertible tablet?

The x220 that just came out today has options for full voltage i3, i5, and i7 processors. However, are you looking for a slate, or a convertible tablet?

If it's a slate I need for it to have a laptop attachment or something like the Lenovo U1 hybrid or something that would make typing possible in class if needed.

Looking for a tablet PC. I've been looking at a used 2740p but I'm still undecided. I'd like it to have a full voltage CPU if possible. Suggestions?

2740p .... Love it, non-ULV , and still get 8-12 hours bat life on it

it is tied only with Lenovo's offerings (dell's is excluded since last I looked they had yet to refresh it from the C2 series CPU), and one or two Fujitsu model's

The HP TM2 is pretty well regarded, and it has a good discrete graphics card in it (I've got the predecessor, the TX2).

Their hardware is good but they suck at cooling their hardware, and suchk at a customer support level.

which is why my recommendation is for the 2740p......shit, i fold on mine w/o issue

I have the TM2, the Core2 version, not the i3/i5. This machine has never gotten hot. The TX2, did get pretty toasty though.

The 2740p has a much nicer display than the TM2, but the price difference is pretty significant. About $600 between the two.

I have the TM2 with the switchable graphics and 4GB of RAM and it's a terrific convertable laptop. It even handles EverQuest 2 shockingly well.

Battery life on the version I have is extremely good.

It's only weak point IMHO is that the screen is a TN panel, so it doesn't have the viewing angles that the 2740 has which can be a deal breaker for many, but I only paid $900 for mine,

Right now, my Asus ep 121 is my primary note taking and surfing device. I have no problem throwing my Bluetooth Keyboard in my bag for the rare occasion that I need to use a keyboard. The downside for this device is the lower battery life. 3 to 4 hours with general usage.

If it were me...

If Money were no object, I would go the Thinkpad Tablet. ($1800)

If on a budget, the TM2. Best gaming option if it matters, as it's the only one with the option of non-intel graphics. ($900)

If you want the best windows slate go for the EP 121. Best Screen IMHO. ($1100)

And if you don't mind paying a fair amount more for a better screen than the TM2, 2740. ($1500)

I've heard HP consumer level laptops are crap. Can anyone else comment on this?

I think their cheap laptops are crap. Their higher end stuff all seems pretty good. I think the mass of $300-$600 laptops keeps their reliability ratings down.

I've had my TX2 for 2 years without issue, and it was a display model!

BTW: My TX2 runs much cooler now with an Intel X25-M in place of the old 320GB HDD.

Thinkpad X201T with 16:10 IPS screen (instead of the lesser useful 16:9, in newer gens).
If you can still get one, it's the laptop of the Gods.

just got this tablet and it has been great

if you look at his specs, he is looking for a Tablet/Convertible device, not a BB Playbook....that will not fit his requirements

OP- i still think you should take a look at getting a 2740p, rock solid device for me with the IPS...plus full power i7 CPU :D

Back