Which Gaming Mouse ?

LukaTCE

n00b
Hello i just bought G500 week ago and is not comfortable my hand and wrist pain i just put my hand on it is there any simillar mouse to g500 and is bigger ? becouse that plastic foam which is on mouse when you buy it is a bit bigger and don't pain to my hand so much. Is this maybe becouse right side of mouse is a bit smaller then left side ? becouse i think i more like normal mouses as i used old logitech bt-58 for 8 years mouse is small and don't fit to my hand but atleast don't pain to my hand at all. So which mouse u recommend me ? i see imperator and xai have more normal (right and left side is same size) feel

Check out the new G700, its got some new stuff on it and I enjoy the shape of those type of mice. They haven't made a perfectly curved mouse like that for a looooong time. I had a blue one with a blue glowing logitech logo called a MouseMan Wheel or similar name and it rockeeddddd and had a similar shape but it died after a few years and they discountinued them. Now they made a perfect curvature again which I like since you just simply rest your hand and don't need to use any hand muscles to grasp it.....

I've been using the MX510/518/etc/etc ever since (4+ years) but the shape is for small hands it seems, and the overall shape forces you to kind of squeeze your hand in order to grasp it (which sucks IMO). Definitely check out the G700

I like my Microsoft X8, although the mousewheel seems to be shit on some days. I would recommend a wireless mouse, so the G700 is probably the best since it can be both wired and wireless. Wireless is better since the technology seems to be just as good as wired now and you don't have the hastle of the cable getting in the way or limiting your movement with the mouse.

The Xai is nice, or Deathadder 3G. There is a lot of talk about what sensors they use but any of the top level gaming mouse are all pretty good.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X8 is the only gaming mouse I can think of that's appreciably bigger than the G500.

My favorite is the Gigabyte "Ghost" M8000X. Prefer it to my G9, actually.

I love my Logitech G9. Very solid build and the weights allow you to dial in the feel you like. Unreal precision.

Downside is its not one you can palm. Its low profile and smallish size means youll have to use your fingers to control it.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X5 is one I like which is bigger and you can rest your whole hand with it.

**edit**
Just looked on Newegg and they dont carry the X5 anymore.

Last edited:
I love my Razer Mamba, it replaced my steelseries Xai which was a great mouse too, just not the shape I wanted and I sorta missed wireless, and with the Mamba you can not tell that its wireless at all. Or you can just run it wired.

I have big hands, and my razor death adder doesnt cause me any discomfort for extended (and i mean extended) periods of gaming/computing

I love my Logitech G9. Very solid build and the weights allow you to dial in the feel you like. Unreal precision.

Downside is its not one you can palm. Its low profile and smallish size means youll have to use your fingers to control it.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X5 is one I like which is bigger and you can rest your whole hand with it.

**edit**
Just looked on Newegg and they dont carry the X5 anymore.

:D i ve same thing with u

it's a 100$ for the dented box >,<

update... oop nvm saw the coupon code: logi_g700_22511

Last edited:
i use a logitech mx510, i've used an mx500 and mx518 but i just liked the mx510 better, not too sensitive works great, love all the extra buttons on it

I found the G9x to be the best fit for my type of grip. I've used the MX518, Deathadder, and Intellimouse 1.1A.

Tbh, I got a Razer Naga about 3 months back and I absolutely love it. The buttons took no time to get used to and it's surprisingly one of the most comfortable mice I've ever used. I'm a real big keyboard shortcut whore tho so that's why I was drawn to it.

My hands aren't exactly small either and I find a deathadder to work very well. I watched a video review of the G500 and it looked very uncomfortable to me. The shape looks very awkward.

My hands aren't exactly small either and I find a deathadder to work very well. I watched a video review of the G500 and it looked very uncomfortable to me. The shape looks very awkward.
The only way for you to know how comfortable the G500 is would be to actually hold one. You can't get a sense of it from looking at pictures or videos.

The razer mamba would be great if it's battery didn't suck so hard. Now hunting for a G7...get one of those if you can find one.

The razer mamba would be great if it's battery didn't suck so hard. Now hunting for a G7...get one of those if you can find one.

Ive only had the battery run out like 2 times in the 3 months I've had it and then you just plug the thing in and it works just the same, and on those 2 days i had been playing way more games than i should have been

Ive only had the battery run out like 2 times in the 3 months I've had it and then you just plug the thing in and it works just the same, and on those 2 days i had been playing way more games than i should have been

Lucky to get 10-12hrs of battery life out of mine...and between you and me...I didn't pay $130 for a wired mouse. In contrast the dead G7 I replaced with it would get 2ish days of heavy (12+ hours) of gaming before switching to the second hotswappable battery.

Lucky to get 10-12hrs of battery life out of mine...and between you and me...I didn't pay $130 for a wired mouse. In contrast the dead G7 I replaced with it would get 2ish days of heavy (12+ hours) of gaming before switching to the second hotswappable battery.
Just got Mamba and I'm having this issue. Are you sending back the Mamba? What are you getting instead? I'm looking at the G700...

With all these new gaming mouses that are out today, the specs are so similar that I would probably base a mouse on comfort.

Just got Mamba and I'm having this issue. Are you sending back the Mamba? What are you getting instead? I'm looking at the G700...

I'm trying to find a decent G7 on ebay. The G700 is too big, too heavy and too clunky imo.

Then dont be a cheapass and buy a 2nd battery for $20 if it bothers you that much.

microsoft wired track ball optical :p beat that it has like 2 extra buttons and stuff. lol.

Then dont be a cheapass and buy a 2nd battery for $20 if it bothers you that much.
I think the fact that he spent $130 on a computer mouse already rules out the possibility of him being a dumbass. It's not unreasonable at all for him to expect decent performance out of such an expensive and supposedly high-quality piece of hardware.

Always hated Razer... never fit into my hand. At any rate, 10-12 hours on a battery can be done in a serious day of gaming, or a day of computer use.. that's no good. I'd suggest a wired one, or a Logitech wireless. I've gone from a MS Sidewinder to a RAT7... and I'm tempted to see if I like the RAT9, but having a hard time justifying the cost when I already have the 7

The Logitech wireless models I had (G7 and MX1000) were excellent. Actually, I think I liked the MX1000 the most.

Logitech should just start producing the G7 again. Best wireless mouse I ever had. After years of use the sensor eventually got too jumpy and the left button would double-click when I single-clicked.

I am regretting the R.A.T. 9 purchase I made. Clicking the mouse button makes the cursor jump unless you try to squish the mouse with your grip.

A question for Razer mamba: has it really 1mm LIFT?? I can use it at 800dpi 5/11 windows without any cursor getting crazy?

Back