Which color would you choose?

Which color you choose?

• Total voters

gerardfraser

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I bought these yellow/orange cards to go with my setup, such as my monitor and home made desk are around the same color.

The cards are equal in playing games on the same setup.3770k@4600MHZ.
EDIT:Wow its amazing,I stated that gaming is equal on the same machine with 780TI and R9 290,yet some post 780TI is way faster,Its only more expensive.not better and really a pain in the ass.I am Returning 780Ti because it sucks ,compared to R9 290 Tri-x,I really wanted to love it but it just sucks hard.

780Ti was $200+ dollars more.
780TI is quieter at 100% fan speed and cooler by about 5-10 C.

Both cards can run dead silent.

I personally prefer the Sapphire TRI-X R9 290 over Zotac 780Ti AMP Edition Card at the moment,but that could change anytime.

CAM00386.jpg

CAM00390.jpg

Last edited:
I chose the sapphire because I own one. But since I cant see the card, I don't really care about the color.

Sapphire is less of an eye sore plus logistics and fan replacement will be easier with standardized sized black fan.

Zotac. Faster, cooler, cheaper and probably quieter. Plus, the contrast between the orange fans and black shroud is pretty awesome. Also looks like more blades, so should work better and quieter at the same rpms.

They do look a whole lot alike! I prefer the Sapphire design purely based on aesthetics, but the Ti is $200 more for several reasons. For me I would base my choice on which is quieter/cooler, if everything else about both of them is satisfactory.

Sorry to be off topic

Wow its amazing,I stated that gaming is equal on the same machine with 780TI and R9 290,yet some post 780TI is way faster,
Its only more expensive.not better and really a pain in the ass.I am Returning 780Ti because it sucks ,compared to R9 290 Tri-x,I really wanted to love it but it just sucks hard.

But with 780TI and a 680GTX for Physx it rocks in old Physx games,but AC4 still sucks LOL.
Batman_AC780ti_680.jpg

But with the AMD you won't get GSYNC :( As I am now learning why people do not like AMD cards. So you won't be able to have a motion blur-less monitor with the 290x. Also note that for $200 you could easily put a waterblock on an R290 in which case it would both run cooler and be more silent than the 780ti.

780ti is significantly faster and supports physx and gsync. You on crack if u think they are equal. Or your playing games that favor AMD which would put them equal. 90% of titles 780ti is a good margin faster. If you wanted to do a true comparison you should of went 780 non ti amp. Reference clock 780 is on par with 290 or faster in all titles and likely found for cheaper. Tri x is a nice card at msrp. I'd love to tinker with one if I wasn't so addicted to borderlands.

Last edited:
But with the AMD you won't get GSYNC :( As I am now learning why people do not like AMD cards. So you won't be able to have a motion blur-less monitor with the 290x. Also note that for $200 you could easily put a waterblock on an R290 in which case it would both run cooler and be more silent than the 780ti.

GSYNC is nothing more then a tech demo at this point, you need to pay for an expensive mod to use it.

Variable refresh is being added to the DP 1.3 spec so all cards be it AMD, Intel or NVIDIA will be able to use that to get the same effect as GSYNC but in a standardised way.

GSYNC is nothing more then a tech demo at this point, you need to pay for an expensive mod to use it.

Wait. I thought a tech. demo was extremely limited in quantity. Gsync mod kits are sold out but they are a legitimate product... The tech demo seems to be the next thing you mention, which is not here yet at all:

Variable refresh is being added to the DP 1.3 spec so all cards be it AMD, Intel or NVIDIA will be able to use that to get the same effect as GSYNC but in a standardised way.

That's badass and I didn't know about it, but when is DP 1.3 being added to displays and GPUs? Gsync already has been added to displays from Benq and Asus that are literally deploying for sale as we speak, and requires no hardware other than an existing Nvidia graphics processor, not a new one. I think?

Anyway, Gsync is/can be a lot more than just variable refresh rate... The Benq upcoming Gsync monitors will have a 3d enhance mode, a var refresh mode, and a ULBM strobing motion blur reduction. DP1.3 has zero to do with these additional functions of GSYNC that are coming from Nvidia.

780ti is significantly faster and supports physx and gsync. You on crack if u think they are equal. Or your playing games that favor AMD which would put them equal. 90% of titles 780ti is a good margin faster. If you wanted to do a true comparison you should of went 780 non ti amp. Reference clock 780 is on par with 290 or faster in all titles and likely found for cheaper. Tri x is a nice card at msrp. I'd love to tinker with one if I wasn't so addicted to borderlands.

Your just not reading.
They are equal on my machine.I play all the newer games and older games.
Both cards overclocked to there max,games are equal on the same machine that I am using period.

I am not trying to trick you.
R9 290 + 680GTX or 780Ti + 680 GTX for physx is not a bad setup to play borderlands.

The on crack remark is out there,cause I only do coke,but its my cash and I know what the better deal is for me.

Back