Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Gigabyte Windforce

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Zotac Trinity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doozer

2[H]4U
So, Microcenter has a few RTX 4070 ti supers at $799.99 ( PNY Verto, MSI Ventus, Asus Tuf, Gigabyte Windforce, and Zotac Trinity).
I've never had a PNY or Zotac, but I've used cards from the others before.

What are your thoughts on which offers the best performance and reliability?

Besides gaming, I use my GPUs for folding@home so I'm not really interested in AMD

Out of those choices I like the Gigabyte Windforce. It's not overly huge while having a beefy cooler and of course its listed at that 799.99 MSRP.

I bought the MSI Gaming X Slim. I really don't have experince with those cards, but the ASUS was heavily reviewed.

I've always like the MSI Gaming X series ( not ventus) because it performs exactly the same as every other higher priced model while being priced the lowest. Best bang for your buck. The gigabyte windforce are very nice too actually coming in 2nd place for me.

I'll be going to Microcenter on Tuesday. So far it looks like Asus is the most recommended followed by Gigabyte. I may have to go with the next pricing tier up as the stock has dwindled on the 799 cards but that's okay.

Oh man, I may not be able to make it to MC tomorrow and may have to go on Wednesday. Not a big deal except that is the launch of the 4080 Super. I'm going to be so tempted but I don't need to spend the extra money on a GPU. 1st world problems, eh?

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get the TUF. Depends on what is in stock when I get there though.

Oh man, I may not be able to make it to MC tomorrow and may have to go on Wednesday. Not a big deal except that is the launch of the 4080 Super. I'm going to be so tempted but I don't need to spend the extra money on a GPU. 1st world problems, eh?
A GPU is every 3 years or more for me so imo it is money well spent depending on how much you game. I game every day even if it's a just a couple rounds but I get my money's worth 100x over. That plus life is short enjoy what you like and live it up sometimes. As long as you are not jepardizing your financial situation lol

Just noticed that I didn't get a super. I got a regular 4070ti.
I stopped at Best Buy because its half way to Microcenter and because the price was the same I didn't notice I picked up the non super card.
I can't decide if I want to take it back and go get the super or not. I'm just trying to decide if driving over an hour is worth it. The card is just to hold me over till the 5090 comes out anyway so I may just accept that I overpaid for a slightly less performant card.
So, go ahead and poke fun at me for not paying close enough attention.

Just noticed that I didn't get a super. I got a regular 4070ti.
I stopped at Best Buy because its half way to Microcenter and because the price was the same I didn't notice I picked up the non super card.
I can't decide if I want to take it back and go get the super or not. I'm just trying to decide if driving over an hour is worth it. The card is just to hold me over till the 5090 comes out anyway so I may just accept that I overpaid for a slightly less performant card.
So, go ahead and poke fun at me for not paying close enough attention.
I'd definitely make the drive if it were me. Better performance and higher resale down the line.

Or better for your family. Make the swap!
I'm thinking about it. I have a problem with my vision (mostly at night) and I've hit 2 deer in the last 3 months so I may need to get someone to drive me. I drove today but was freakin' out the whole way. I have an appointment with the VA to have things checked out but it's not till April. I'm hoping that I can get community care to do the check sooner but I don't even know if that is a thing here. This may be why I didn't notice I got the wrong card. Of course, I may just be a dumbass as well. Maybe the wife will drive me tomorrow.

That's 4 hours of gas. Depending on how good/bad your vehicles mileage and gas prices where u are would determine if it's worth it. If you drive a V8 truck and live in Cali I would say it's probably not worth it.

I'm thinking about it. I have a problem with my vision (mostly at night) and I've hit 2 deer in the last 3 months so I may need to get someone to drive me. I drove today but was freakin' out the whole way. I have an appointment with the VA to have things checked out but it's not till April. I'm hoping that I can get community care to do the check sooner but I don't even know if that is a thing here. This may be why I didn't notice I got the wrong card. Of course, I may just be a dumbass as well. Maybe the wife will drive me tomorrow.
Yikes, sorry to hear all that. If it's 1 hour round trip it would be worth seeing if your wife could take you. Otherwise it might not be worth the risk/hassle. Thank you for your service.

buy the one that matches w/ your motherboard. So if you have some issue, lock up for e.g., you can call the same manufacturer

Back