When are Wii getting multi-colored Wii's?

If they made black Wiis, would they be bigger than white ones?

Joking aside, I never noticed that they only had one color until this post. They should make some powder coated colors, although they would probably be a little more expensive.

I'm hoping to get the one with the racing stripe, cause you know the stripe makes it faster.

Yes, the wing will serve for better aerodynamics. Oh and don't forget the elbow macaroni glued around the edges.

wow ... a guy ask for a simple question and everyone just mock him?

Oh we're all just having good clean fun... honestly anything up to this point is speculation. Maybe by next holiday you'll have a skittles-like selection of Wii.

There will be six new colors-Red, Blue, Green, Black, Silver, Purple and Orange-released on February 16th, 2008 at 9:22 AM.

I'm waiting for a Black Wii.

My guess, is that they won't come out with colors until their sales start to decrease. At its current rate, Nintendo doesn't really have to introduce any new colors, because they still cant seem to get enough on the shelves. To come out with diff colors, means different/more production lines, they already can't pump out the White Wii fast enough.

^ +1

The Wii still sells out at most stores the instant they hit the floor, so what purpose would Nintendo serve by adding cost to the process and manufacturing multiple colors? Besides, if demand ever subsides I don't know that it has enough of that demographic to support different colors. Families with younger children and middle-aged adults (for example, me) seem to be the biggest audience for the Wii, and I would bet the overwhelming majority of them don't really care if it's available in anything but off-white.

:p
wiihalen.jpg

Or are they released yet and i don't know about it?

maybe when they're able to manufacture them in a timely fashion and not have so much high demand that they're hard to find. otherwise you might as well forget colors for awhile.

^ +1

The Wii still sells out at most stores the instant they hit the floor, so what purpose would Nintendo serve by adding cost to the process and manufacturing multiple colors? Besides, if demand ever subsides I don't know that it has enough of that demographic to support different colors. Families with younger children and middle-aged adults (for example, me) seem to be the biggest audience for the Wii, and I would bet the overwhelming majority of them don't really care if it's available in anything but off-white.

Tell it to the nearly 70 million DS buyers who go apeshit every time a new color is released :)

I'm *still* tempted to get the red/black DS even though my white works just fine. Luckily I have some self control, but *fuck*, why do I even *care*?? :)

Tell it to the nearly 70 million DS buyers who go apeshit every time a new color is released :)

I'm *still* tempted to get the red/black DS even though my white works just fine. Luckily I have some self control, but *fuck*, why do I even *care*?? :)

I dont know. Why do you?
But you should know, theres a BLUE model coming next week. :D

or 2 weeks... This month.

How long has the DS released been since the Wii. Is it that hard to find a DS? For me its not, so it seems they are not selling at the rate of Wii's, therefore other options become available to try and help pick up sales. (not that their bad, but why not go for more) You simply cannot find a Wii as easily as a DS, they have no reason to add colors in at this point in time. If the Wii ever slows down with its sales, then would be a good time to introduce a few colors. Nintendo does it with almost all their consoles. N64 was black for ever, then they started to come out with different colors over time. GameCube was that nasty purple, but they didn't really sell like Wii's, so Black and Silver colored ones came shortly after.

Just go to decalgirl.com and get a vinyl skin for it. Then when you get bored of the color or design in 6 months you aren't stuck looking at a gaudy green or blue Wii. Just pull off the vinyl and put something different on it, or nothing at all.

I'm waiting for a Black Wii.

My guess, is that they won't come out with colors until their sales start to decrease. At its current rate, Nintendo doesn't really have to introduce any new colors, because they still cant seem to get enough on the shelves. To come out with diff colors, means different/more production lines, they already can't pump out the White Wii fast enough.

Thats been nintendo's marketing for a while. As the sales start to cut off they will offer another color or colors.

Id rather have themed wiis than coloured wiis. Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid etc etc.

Back