What's your cell plan, just seeing what's out there.

Currently using Mint Unlimited 40GB w/ 10GB of hotspot data for 30 month.
Fairly happy, thinking to going to their 60/20GB plan for an extra 10 a month once the year's up.

Edit: Data is crap after you hit the plan's cap.

I also have a free TextNow SIM that's only unlimited text and talk, but the mobile data turns off periodically and sometimes texts are delayed to almost 12hrs later.

Last edited:
I been with Google Fi for awhile now. Have no complaints with it. I pay like $65 a month th for the "unlimited" plan which is 35gb. It is totally useless afterwards. They also have great deals on phones all the time.

T-Mobile with unlimited talk, text, and data, 10GB of hotspot, and Netlix. $120/mo for 6 lines.

I have 3 lines on Cricket. $110/month for unlimited data + 15GB hotspot + HBO Max ad tier. Also includes some cloud storage thing I don't use. End up paying a little less because it's easy to buy Cricket service cards on sale (or at minimum 5% off with a Target Red Card)

AT&T by far works the best for where I live/travel/work. Never have any issues with dropped calls or data slowdowns no matter how much data I use in a monthly cycle. Historically Cricket was pretty spotty for Android BYOD but I get VoLTE/5G/Hotspot on unlocked Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 Pro and OnePlus 11 so things are looking up. The Pixels can do WiFi calling as well, but the OnePlus can't.

Google Fi since 2018 and no complaints at all. I'm on their unlimited talk/text plan + 1GB data for $20/month. It's a great option for anyone who works from home and uses WiFi all day. If you use additional data, it costs $10 per GB. Once you hit 6GB/$60, any more data used is free.

Verizon

3 lines - 2 are unlimited “basic” and 1 “premium”

$40 loyalty discount

$95 + tax

Disney bundle included

I also use the Verizon visa credit card. 4% cash back on groceries / gas, 3% dining and 2% discount off my bill for setting it to auto pay.

Redeems to “VZ Dollars” which can be used to pay your balance. I pay my card off in full every month. Groceries/gas/dining are all daily necessities so I always net anywhere between another $20-40 a month off the bill. It’s all money back in my pocket regardless.

I'm always looking for a deal, and I ended up with Visible+. $35 month for unlimited data and hotspot on Verizon with UW 5G support. First 50GB on non-UW 5G is priority data at the same level as post-paid Verizon. There are a lot of hotspot caveats, but you can work around them. My wife is on regular visible at $25/mo. without mmWave 5g support (I haven't seen mmWave anywhere that I go yet) with the same unlimited data/hotspot, but data isn't priority. She hasn't complained yet.

It's not as fast as TMO was (and likely what Mint would be), but it actually works where I live in more places. I drive a lot for work, and TMO is iffy in some places.

I followed through with the change from T-mobile to Google Fi. So far a smooth experience including the number transfer. No change in connectivity (no surprise here, Fi uses the T-mobile network).

Google's Fi app is about 10x slicker than T-mobiles awful website.

Switched to Google Fi in 2018. Started with the Pixel 1Xl, then Pixel 2XL, now a Pixel 6A.

I had one unbelievable story about water and a Pixel 2XL during the summer lockdowns of 2020. My next door neighbor bought a cheap above ground pool kit out of boredom and he hosted a few BBQ's, around July 4th weekend. Anyway I reminded myself to take my phone out of my swimming trunk pockets before diving in. I just... failed to remember this time. I jump in the pool. So we're on his back patio and for a few hours, I'm wondering.... gee I need to be playing with my phone in hand. The only other place it should be at is in my house next door. I go back to my house and look for my phone. Hmm. I'm getting a bad feeling.

I go back to my neighbor's patio. "Guys, I really think I did it, I jumped in the pool with my phone in pocket. It might be in the pool".

As I'm saying this, his wife was in the pool and was like... "wait.. I feel something on my foot." She pulls it out of the water. "IS THIS IT???"

The Pixel 2 XL was still on. I immediately power it down and put it in a ziplock bag with real 5 gram silica gel packs I had for some other purposes.

The phone microphone sounded a bit poor as people couldn't hear me so well for a couple of months. But eventually, people stopped complaining about my mic.

I think it was submerged in 4 to 5 feet of water for at least 2 hours. A few months later I'm drunk and literally taking videos in the rain, completely exposing my phone to water once again.

This PIxel 2XL is still on my desk right now, still has a decent battery that holds a good charge and is now being repurposed as the "whatever app" type of phone.

As far as my Pixel 1 XL? It literally just died on its own out of random. Water was not a factor.

I like Google Fi, EXCEPT when I first switched to them when the Pixel 1XL first came out. The stupid ass phone couldn't automatically switch carriers on its own, so it had no service. I had to buy a paid app on the Play store to literally get the phone to work properly. Luckily google resolved the carrier switching issue pretty quick, so my Pixel 2 XL experience was pretty epic. The 6A is also great. I actually heard the Pixel Pro models have more issues like overheating and stuff like that, but the 5A and 6A's are more reliable.

Unfortunately I barely have a life anymore, so I'm still on the Flexible plan. My monthly bills are pretty low, like $25 to $35 a month for the past 3 years.

Before Google Fi, I ALMOST switched to Straight Talk. They failed to mail me a free Sim card, but they did me a favor. They are SHIT.

Last edited:
I've been on Google Fi's simply unlimited plan since 2021. Before that I was still mooching off my parents family plan since high-school.

$100 a month for Verizon. I get something like 20% off from my work.

No idea the data plans. Wife never goes over and I still use a dumb phone.

Google Fi. 20$x6 lines for various family members and wife. 5gb of tethering for work emergencies.

FWIW, I switched from T-mobile to Google Fi with a number transfer and for now I have problems with missed and delayed text messages.

Also had an international call not getting through, had to use Google Voice and that worked.

FWIW, I switched from T-mobile to Google Fi with a number transfer and for now I have problems with missed and delayed text messages.

Also had an international call not getting through, had to use Google Voice and that worked.
Once, I ported from T-Mobile prepaid to T-Mobile postpaid and it was the biggest nightmare I ever had with cellular. It took being escalated to engineering to get my issues resolved (no WiFi calling, inconsistent text/call/voicemail delivery). But to T-Mobile's credit, someone did identify a provisioning issue and it was fixed. Just very frustrating during the first week or two of the port.

I'm not sure how Fi's support is, but hopefully you get that straightened out ASAP. I feel like port problems are higher when you go between the same parent network (like T-Mobile <-> Fi, Cricket <-> AT&T, Verizon <-> Visible, etc....)

I been with Google Fi for awhile now. Have no complaints with it. I pay like $65 a month th for the "unlimited" plan which is 35gb. It is totally useless afterwards. They also have great deals on phones all the time.
Me too, I have 3 lines X 25 each unlimited everything... really happy with it, but there are a few outlying places around my house/area that don't have coverage, so I just try to avoid those :)

And we ported over from TMo, nottaproblemo....

Dang... Paying $70 up here for 40gb... But we don't get charged a different thing for tethering. I mean, it's my phone and plan, I should be able to use it however I want

T-Mobile senior ( Me my wife and my Old Man same plan)plan 35 bucks each line unlimited everything no caps on anything hard to beat that's why I'll never jump ship as long as this plan is active.

Mint Mobile $15/mth 5GB plan. Just renewed the 3 plans we had for another year with them and added a 4th for my youngest. Don't need a lot of data so it's perfect.

I was with Google Fi prior to Mint and liked it, but this is cheaper and I get 5G instead of their 1GB.

If anyone is gonna switch to them, hit me up for a referral and we both get some discount I think.

Mint Mobile unlimited; $30/month. Bought a year's worth upfront but no discount! MVNO of T-mobile which has excellent coverage in my area and the areas where I hang. YMMV

Verizon

3 lines - 2 are unlimited “basic” and 1 “premium”

$40 loyalty discount

$95 + tax

Disney bundle included

I also use the Verizon visa credit card. 4% cash back on groceries / gas, 3% dining and 2% discount off my bill for setting it to auto pay.

Redeems to “VZ Dollars” which can be used to pay your balance. I pay my card off in full every month. Groceries/gas/dining are all daily necessities so I always net anywhere between another $20-40 a month off the bill. It’s all money back in my pocket regardless.
What is this "loyalty discount" and how do you sign up. Been using Verizon for over 20 years, I would hope that would be enough.

virgin 4g. unlimited NA calls/text, vm, etc, 25gb data for 40 canuckistani pesos a month

Google Fi: $20/month unlimited talk/text + 1GB data. Great if you WFH or are on WiFi most of the time.

Google Fi: $20/month unlimited talk/text + 1GB data. Great if you WFH or are on WiFi most of the time.
Yep, had that as I was almost always on WiFi. Had no issues with Google Fi.

Then switched to the Mint $15/mth plans for the wife, me and our 2 boys. Teaching them young to not use any data :)

In terms of teaching them to not use any data, my brother gave his kids a jitterbug type of phone. It just has a numerical keypad and basically is a "dumb phone" for the most part.

Back