What would you do. NEC 20WMGX2 + Laptop +20" later / or wait for 24" Benq

What would you do in this situation?

• Total voters
Just curious as to what you would do in this situation.

I'm so frustrated with waiting for a decent 24" LCD with working component hookups and no banding, etc. etc issues to come out. I've been ready to pull the trigger for a while now.

I'd love to get the 2407 for the price, but all the issues with it...

Which leaves me to wait for this 24" Benq, which other that a few web sites with bits and pieces, there are no hard info on it, reviews, set in stone pricing, etc.

My plan was to pick up the 24" benq and maybe around Christmas pick up a laptop (not a necessity, more of just a WANT)

Now, my impatience is kicking in...and with all the good reviews of the NEC 20WMGX2, I was falling back to picking up one of them. Price is a little much for a 20" lcd, but it's got all the inputs I need (unlike other 20" WS models)

So, my question is this. I will have around 1300.00 to play with in a couple months. What would you do? Poll choices are above.

3007FPW ?

Lol, wait for the BenQ! Then make your decison, if anything the NEC will be cheaper.

I know it sucks, but it should be worth it :)

Noni said:
3007FPW ?

Lol, wait for the BenQ! Then make your decison, if anything the NEC will be cheaper.

I know it sucks, but it should be worth it :)

the 3007 doesnt have the multiple inputs! I need something that I can hook up a HDTV set top box up to AND the option to hook up a PS3 (or maybe Xbox360) up to as well

I am in the same position, I for one am waiting for the BENQ 24 inch to come out first. Or for Dell to fix the 2407, whichever comes first.

The NEC 24 is kind of super pricey....but if it drops around 1200 I might consider it.

I'm waiting for the 24" Benq and it's hard...want it bad.The UK benq site is saying mid sept. now, slight delay from the mid aug. that was posted a few days ago. Atm I have a 191T samsung thats 3.5+ years old and I considered the 24" samsung until i saw the preview/review on that benq :p

c4eater said:
I'm waiting for the 24" Benq and it's hard...want it bad.The UK benq site is saying mid sept. now, slight delay from the mid aug. that was posted a few days ago. Atm I have a 191T samsung thats 3.5+ years old and I considered the 24" samsung until i saw the preview/review on that benq :p

hey what preview review? link?

Just a heads up on the NEC, My brother has one and it has issues with syncing over non-digital inputs like component. When I connected my XBOX360 to it I could see vertical lines in the images. Not super noticable but it can be annoying.

crap are you kidding me? i saw good screenies from the main nec gmx2 forum and they looked fine....

are you running it on 720p or 1080i mode?

so these bad boys are dropping in august?? they fucking better i can't wait any longer!

whats the story with the remote??

Hard for us to decide this...

It all depends on how you will use your monitors.
Two widescreen monitors might not be the best solutions though. Quite a big jump from far left to far right.

The laptop seems to have a low priority compared to the monitors? If not one way to do it could be to buy an laptop today and then wait for the benq and decide what to do then.

I say wait for the Benq it looks awesome and worth the wait. You can get a Laptop now and wait for he Benq and save up some extra cash so you can be sure you have enough for the Benq :) I whink ill get one :D

PYROTAK said:
crap are you kidding me? i saw good screenies from the main nec gmx2 forum and they looked fine....

are you running it on 720p or 1080i mode?

I posted some nice screens of DOA4 over in that thread. You can't seen it in pix but its noticable in person. Its just too hard to capture it with my digi cam.

shit! thats totally not acceptable!!

dammit now i really do have to wait for the benq.....

Back