What the Hell Is Wrong With Nintendo?

The way you worded it, it sounded like you couldn't transfer over Wii virtual console titles to the Wii U. I thought that was odd since I had just done so. lol I see that you're talking about updating Wii virtual console titles to make use of the Wii U gamepad or whatever. I can't imagine anyone would care about that so much to actually pay extra, but it's an optional cost, not a mandatory one.

Cant tell if stupid or just trolling. Probably a little bit of both. Bottom line is you can transfer the games for free. Maybe hes just a glutton for punishment and only wants to transfer his games if he has to pay? Personally I'd do it for free and NOT go to the internet to spread lies ;)

Also to all of you saying the same things about "zero third party": Wii U does have some decent 3rd party games:
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City – Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II/Ghosts
Batman: Arkham Origins
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3

Apparently the DLC and post-launch support isnt as good as for XB/PS but if you remember back to the first year or 2 of the Wii (or just look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games) this much quality 3rd party support is actually pretty impressive. I mean Tekken on Nintendo? Thats awesome progress!

Look at the launch lists...Wii U is clearly an improvement in decent third party games (bold & underlined) as I count 4 for Wii launch and 7 for Wii U. Twice as many important 3rd party games? Sounds like an improvement to me:

Wii Launch:

Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Excite Truck
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

Wii U launch titles:

- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- SiNG PARTY
- NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge
- ZombiU
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
- FIFA Soccer 13
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Skylanders Giants
- TRANSFORMERS PRIME
- Wipeout 3
- TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper
- Darksiders II
- Assassin's Creed III
- ESPN Sports Connection
- Just Dance 4
- Rabbids Land
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
- Game Party Champions
- Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition

Their gaming base is getting older. And there console are always just that generation behind. They might have to stop selling consoles like Sega did.

I would still love to see a Mario or Zelda game made for PS3/360/PS4/XBone hardware. Imagine the possibilities... Nintendo needs to the stick out of their ass and allow this to happen. Imagine the money they would make if Zelda could be made for non-Nintendo systems!

Cant tell if stupid or just trolling. Probably a little bit of both. Bottom line is you can transfer the games for free. Maybe hes just a glutton for punishment and only wants to transfer his games if he has to pay? Personally I'd do it for free and NOT go to the internet to spread lies ;)

Also to all of you saying the same things about "zero third party": Wii U does have some decent 3rd party games:
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City – Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II/Ghosts
Batman: Arkham Origins
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3

Apparently the DLC and post-launch support isnt as good as for XB/PS but if you remember back to the first year or 2 of the Wii (or just look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games) this much quality 3rd party support is actually pretty impressive. I mean Tekken on Nintendo? Thats awesome progress!

Look at the launch lists...Wii U is clearly an improvement in decent third party games (bold & underlined) as I count 4 for Wii launch and 7 for Wii U. Twice as many important 3rd party games? Sounds like an improvement to me:

Wii Launch:

Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Excite Truck
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

Wii U launch titles:

- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- SiNG PARTY
- NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge
- ZombiU
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
- FIFA Soccer 13
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Skylanders Giants
- TRANSFORMERS PRIME
- Wipeout 3
- TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper
- Darksiders II
- Assassin's Creed III
- ESPN Sports Connection
- Just Dance 4
- Rabbids Land
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
- Game Party Champions
- Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition

Almost all of those were launch titles and their publishers / developers have since abandoned them. The third party adoption rate on Nintendo consoles usually sucks and with only 3.75 or so million units sold lifetime to date no one really cares enough to see if they bet the odds and at least break even making a Wii U game.

Do you all have amnesia?

Nintendo has been doing this for going on what, 15 years? They are a conservative company that makes high quality hardware and high quality software that is playable for 100 years. Who still plays halo 1? Yeah...

This is the same ol story that is brought up over and over starting with the N64. The WiiU will end up making them money just like the N64 and CGN did. Meanwhile they print money with their handhelds. They have a huge new software development building going up, they are starting to merge handheld and console departments, and they are about to step up game production big time. They have 10 billion in the bank. Dont worry about them, worry about MS. This may be their last console and i hope it is. How many of those 70 million 360s sold were replacements? Garbage..

And as for phone argument. Give it up, its over. IOS store and play store are flooded with me to developers that flood that market with cheap low quality games that make no money. There is no money to be made. Remember the Atari 2600? Same situation. Nevermind the fact that THERE ARE NO BUTTONS OR JOYSTICKS!! lol . (phones and tablets are slowly taking over) derp. Really? The Iphone has been out for 5 years, Android as been matured for 3 years so why has the 3DS which launched 2 years ago sold 35 million? Phone games suck, they always will. You need buttons.

If i hear one more person talk about how powerful phones will be in the next 10 years so there will be no need for consoles im going to choke myself to death. Imagine how fast PC's will be 10 years from now! haha omg common sense much? Imagine how powerful consoles will be that are based off of PC's? You guys watch, Sony and Nintendo are going to become rivals again and will be bigger than ever in the next 10 years. There will MORE consoles not less because they will be cheaper to make as CPU power becomes even more a commodity than it already is.

I would still love to see a Mario or Zelda game made for PS3/360/PS4/XBone hardware. Imagine the possibilities... Nintendo needs to the stick out of their ass and allow this to happen. Imagine the money they would make if Zelda could be made for non-Nintendo systems!

You wanna play Nintendo games. Buy their hardware. They build their consoles and controllers around a set of ideas that they will use for that console cycle. Its why they are so good.

Going 3rd party worked wonders for SEGA didnt it? And again, why do they need to make even more money? The This is the first time they have lost money in 30 years. MS on the other hand...

1zppe9l.jpg

Do you all have amnesia?

Nintendo has been doing this for going on what, 15 years? They are a conservative company that makes high quality hardware and high quality software that is playable for 100 years. Who still plays halo 1? Yeah...

This is the same ol story that is brought up over and over starting with the N64. The WiiU will end up making them money just like the N64 and CGN did. Meanwhile they print money with their handhelds. They have a huge new software development building going up, they are starting to merge handheld and console departments, and they are about to step up game production big time. They have 10 billion in the bank. Dont worry about them, worry about MS. This may be their last console and i hope it is. How many of those 70 million 360s sold were replacements? Garbage..

And as for phone argument. Give it up, its over. IOS store and play store are flooded with me to developers that flood that market with cheap low quality games that make no money. There is no money to be made. Remember the Atari 2600? Same situation. Nevermind the fact that THERE ARE NO BUTTONS OR JOYSTICKS!! lol . (phones and tablets are slowly taking over) derp. Really? The Iphone has been out for 5 years, Android as been matured for 3 years so why has the 3DS which launched 2 years ago sold 35 million? Phone games suck, they always will. You need buttons.

If i hear one more person talk about how powerful phones will be in the next 10 years so there will be no need for consoles im going to choke myself to death. Imagine how fast PC's will be 10 years from now! haha omg common sense much? Imagine how powerful consoles will be that are based off of PC's? You guys watch, Sony and Nintendo are going to become rivals again and will be bigger than ever in the next 10 years. There will MORE consoles not less because they will be cheaper to make as CPU power becomes even more a commodity than it already is.

Microsoft has 60 billion in the bank which is 6x your Nintendo figure. So not sure how that is relevant.

While I've always been a fan of Nintendo, I'm wondering if their lack of ability to stop the softmod group didn't hurt their 3rd party relationships also. I'll admit that I'm running a softmod Wii with all our games on an external HD, but it seems like getting 3rd party companies would be hesitant to continue with Nintendo considering how easy it is to find, download, and play games without purchasing them. Or heck, just go out to RedBox, rent a Wii game, and use an application to rip to an ISO and play from external hard drive.

For those who keep saying they wish they could see zelda on PS4/XBONE hardware.... first wait and see what a new zelda will look like on Wii U hardware.... we still haven't seen that. the Wii U while not as powerful as the next gen systems is no slouch compared to ps3 and xbox 360, and we haven't even seen a real console zelda in HD EVER yet. (I'm not counting the windwaker remake) And even Skyward Sword was stuck at 480P, Mark my words, when the Wii U zelda hits... its going to be awesome.

It may be awesome, but who's going to buy an entire system for one game knowing they'll likely not be itnerested in other games and it'll just collect dust?

It may be awesome, but who's going to buy an entire system for one game knowing they'll likely not be itnerested in other games and it'll just collect dust?

lol tons of people since they did just that for GTAV when both MS and SONY saw upticks in sales just a couple months before the launch of their new consoles.

lol tons of people since they did just that for GTAV when both MS and SONY saw upticks in sales just a couple months before the launch of their new consoles.

Yes but both of those systems have plenty of other games for that hardcore gamer audience to play.

Nintendo has Zelda, Mario, and then shitty 3rd party support that usually gets watered down releases.

I did
For Super Mario 3D World

i wont, i didnt waste my money on a wii and im not gonna waste it on a wii u.

hoping we see nintendo games on ps4/xb1.:D

Who says only one game is awesome? There are plenty of good games on the Wii U, and its just barely getting ramped up. I will concede that the majority of the best games on Wii U are more family friendly fun oriented games, but thats on TOP OF the fact that you still have call of duty, assasins creed, bayonetta 2, batman arkham origins, and plenty of other more "hardcore" games on the wii U as well. etc... and the graphics are no slouch either.

Back