What is it with TF2?

Yup typical really. I join the server posted here, the round restarts, I pick random team, then RAPE RAPE RAPE, not a single team mate at the front lines, everyone hanging back.

We had 4 including me waiting at the front gates for them to open. which means its essentially 12v4 at that point.

I'm not playing that shit, sorry but fuck that, you've gotta be wrong in the head to want to fight them odds.

:rolleyes:

u just gotta find some servers and stick to them. I play on like 2 or 3, I know everyone that plays there and everyone on both teams actually talk and work together.

If redcoats really suck at tf2 so much then you should play on some US servers. I could give you the names of the ones I frequent where everyone is mostly competent and not a complete scrub but you would probably get like a million ping on them.

the ping isnt bad across the pond. i often play on german or uk servers when im on at weird times and the us servers are not busy

@Frostex -

Ok, now I know first-hand that you're being ridiculous with this thread...

He was on the server for less than 10 minutes, his team had just lost the middle point during the FIRST ROUND of Granary and then he whined in chat that 'This sucks' or something along those lines and ragequit.

As far as I know, you didn't use your mic either. And I DID say that you should try it at a time when there are several of the clan members playing. I was the only Uberium person on the server when you joined.

FYI, even without you the rest of the round was no roll-over, points changed hands several time. Anyway, Granary is one of those maps that often ends quickly with even a slight difference in skill levels, since it's linear progression. If you want something that lasts longer play Goldrush or CTF.

Personally, based on your angry 10 minutes followed by a rant on [H] forum, I think you're impatient and can't stand not being on the winning team.

I think you overestimate your skills as well, you have to be significantly better than everyone else to be able to single-handedly change the outcome of battles in a team-based game. To give you an idea, I was playing demoman (http://steamcommunity.com/id/teddyn/stats/TF2) and have over 120 hours logged as that class :p (Meanwhile, you have max 51hrs, as a scout: http://steamcommunity.com/id/princess_frosty/stats/TF2). I'm not saying you have to be as much of a TF2 junkie as I am to enjoy it and get a lot out of it, but you can't expect to own at the game just by virtue of your disdain for other players.

Now I hope people don't give this issue any more attention, Frostex has just got a temper and he can't stand losing. He was rude on the server and doesn't make much of an effort.

Poor effort = Poor returns.

I don't normally attack people online, sorry; but I found your brief and bad-mannered appearance on our server followed by a negative rant on a popular forum about it to be pretty offensive. We put effort (and money!) into the server. Since it's public though, you can't expect the ability level to be to clan standard at all times. (especially early afternoon on a sunday).

TF2 is amazing for these exact reasons, like others have said, it's the teamwork that's necessary! And, one of the things I like, is going on the team down 13-0, talking to them a bit, getting everyone coordinated, and all of a sudden you are dominant! Nothing quite as rewarding as that is:)

I cant stand this and this never fails... Whenever a game is finished, there is always someone from the losing team that either makes a sarcastic remark, or flat out calls out his teammates, as if they didn't have anything at all to do with the loss.

I'm willing to bet the original poster as well as a few others are quite guilty of this, judging by some of the responses i have seen here.

Nobody likes an elitist and its not fair to put down your teammates. You aren't a professional, it's only a game, and even if you were, you don't call them out like that.

Snipers in TF2 get incredibly boring especially on maps like 2fort. I find it amazing i can go to spec mode and see snipers that shoot ONLY other snipers, they totally ignore every other class and its just red vs blu sniper shooting at each other for the entire round.

I don't get it at all, they just rack up a large kill count and somehow think they are something when the round ends "i win". I think some people are stuck in the past and assume theyre playing deathmatch mode. Think some of those kids need to teleport back to 1999 when that mode actually had some popularity...

IF ONLY IT HAD OLD TF GAMEPLAY WITH TF2 GRAPHICS!

Sorry I did that so it would be read.

So what exactly would be the point in that? People wait a decade and get nothing but the same game with better graphics...oh yeah well worth the wait. Unlike id software, Valve actually tried something new with TF2 instead of rehashing the same old crap we've played 50+ times before. If it was left to "iD" we'd all still be playing nothing but snorefest deathmatch modes.

I cant stand this and this never fails... Whenever a game is finished, there is always someone from the losing team that either makes a sarcastic remark, or flat out calls out his teammates, as if they didn't have anything at all to do with the loss.

I'm willing to bet the original poster as well as a few others are quite guilty of this, judging by some of the responses i have seen here.

Nobody likes an elitist and its not fair to put down your teammates. You aren't a professional, it's only a game, and even if you were, you don't call them out like that.

QFT

@Frostex -

Ok, now I know first-hand that you're being ridiculous with this thread...

He was on the server for less than 10 minutes, his team had just lost the middle point during the FIRST ROUND of Granary and then he whined in chat that 'This sucks' or something along those lines and ragequit.

As I explained, round started and everyone is supposed to run upto the starting fences to get ready to assault the middle CP, and I went to 1 gate and it was empty, and then moved to the other gate adn there was 3 people there, this was on a FULL team of 12 people. Assuming all your players were at the fence at start that means we're fighting 12v4

Do you comprehend how utterly stupid and unfair that is? All because the majorety of our team wanted to camp like retards means that when we go for the middle point me and actually assault.

And I played the first round and some of the 2nd, and the 2nd was going the same way as the first.

I didn't ragequit, I simply left the server. I wasn't angry you have no evidence or proof that I was, you just simply assume. It was simply obvious to me, from previous experience that after the first round of whoopsass that basically since no one ever swtiches, that the round would be repeated and repeated and repeated over and over again. And I dont give a crap what you think, there is no way I'm taking a beat down struggling to try and win simply to allow everyone on the enemy team to have a good time while I suffer having to fight way over the odds.

As far as I know, you didn't use your mic either. And I DID say that you should try it at a time when there are several of the clan members playing. I was the only Uberium person on the server when you joined.

Doesn't matter, if 8 people are going to camp at the back, then 8 people are going to camp at the back, I've tried using the mic before to enourage people to attack, it simply does not work. Let me guess, I'm doing it wrong, c'mon lets hear how much better you are at getting your team mates to stop camping like idiots on a assault map. :rolleyes:

FYI, even without you the rest of the round was no roll-over, points changed hands several time. Anyway, Granary is one of those maps that often ends quickly with even a slight difference in skill levels, since it's linear progression. If you want something that lasts longer play Goldrush or CTF.

I play all the maps, quite frankly the same thing happens as what happened in your server, all the best, and most competant players end up on one team, since thats the case and everyone knows it, that means people want to play on the better side, so not only do you have better player but you also have MORE players which forces the worst team to always be 1 man down, sometimes 2

Personally, based on your angry 10 minutes followed by a rant on [H] forum, I think you're impatient and can't stand not being on the winning team.

Personally, you dont know shit, you're just pissed off because you boasted how good your server was, yet the very first round I joined one team completely and utterly dominated the other team, no one swiched to help the obviously inferiour team (including you btw)

I think you overestimate your skills as well, you have to be significantly better than everyone else to be able to single-handedly change the outcome of battles in a team-based game.

I never said anything of the sort, I know how good I am, I knew you'd pull that little gem out your ass (congratulations you're incredibly predictable) so the next server I joined I specifically took screenshots of my progress as HWG (1st half) and Medic (2nd half) and it was something like 80 kills to 26 deaths :>

In fact if you'd read what I've said over and over in this thread, you'd see that it's my argument that no one person can change the outcome of a match no matter how hard you try and how many people you kill (in the case of my last round, nearly 4 times more kills than deaths)

To give you an idea, I was playing demoman (http://steamcommunity.com/id/teddyn/stats/TF2) and have over 120 hours logged as that class :p (Meanwhile, you have max 51hrs, as a scout: http://steamcommunity.com/id/princess_frosty/stats/TF2). I'm not saying you have to be as much of a TF2 junkie as I am to enjoy it and get a lot out of it, but you can't expect to own at the game just by virtue of your disdain for other players.

Total hours for me 223.6
Total hours for you 325.8

Wow you've played about 1/3 as much again...wow you're the master then....

That'd be why while having only ((223.6/325.8)*100) 68% of the time played that you do, I have ((32,343/33,107)*100) = 97.7% of your total score.

That'd be why in the 35.4 hours of playing demoman I have far superiour max damage per life, max kills per life, max points per life

Wow how are them demoman skills treating ya? You play that class between 3-4x more often than me yet I have better scores across the board.

In fact if you consider best score/kills/damage for any character I have better everything, not to mention all better "personal records"bar about 3 (leeching, most teleporters built, and longest life)

I'm not trying to blow my own horn, I'm really not, you're the one who brought this crap up, I'm simply telling it, how it is.

Now I hope people don't give this issue any more attention, Frostex has just got a temper and he can't stand losing. He was rude on the server and doesn't make much of an effort.

No I wasn't rude, thats just an outright lie.

I can handle losing just fine, but I WILL NOT entertain you by playing the underdog for 4-5 odd rounds while your team steamrolls over ours while no one makes any attempt to switch or even the teams, stuck in the rut of trying to make up for a massive failure in the team in a game where thats fundamentally impossible.

Poor effort = Poor returns.

Yeah my effort was perfectly satisfactory, but I cannot make up for the lack of 8 other players on our team who decided to camp on a map where you need to assault.

I don't normally attack people online, sorry; but I found your brief and bad-mannered appearance on our server followed by a negative rant on a popular forum about it to be pretty offensive. We put effort (and money!) into the server. Since it's public though, you can't expect the ability level to be to clan standard at all times. (especially early afternoon on a sunday).

No. You're pissed off that you posted how great your server was and then feel stupid when someoen calls you on it, quite frankly it was the most unblanaced game I had that night, 4vs12 haha...

Fact is, your server is just an unblanced and full of people unwilling to switch teams, as any other server out there.

I'll post my screenshots of the match I had directly after on another server, once I get home tonight.

the demoman is so easy to play I stopped playing the class a long time ago. You see great demomen players everywhere, so bragging about how good you are with the demoman is kind of lame. you lob some bombs and press a button, good for you, heh. it got old for me thats for sure, which is why I play soldier if I'm looking to be aggressive.

Since you're going to use the piecemeal out of context quoting method of internet bitchfighting, I'll do the same. Personally I think it shows a lack of attention span that you can't break down the argument in your head and make a coherent whole response, but oh well.

As I explained, round started and everyone is supposed to run upto the starting fences to get ready to assault the middle CP, and I went to 1 gate and it was empty, and then moved to the other gate adn there was 3 people there, this was on a FULL team of 12 people. Assuming all your players were at the fence at start that means we're fighting 12v4

Immediately calls into question whether you're being honest by saying the server was full... It wasn't. How could the teams be numerically unbalanced if the server was full? o.0 It's true that there was one extra person on our team. But what do you expect early afternoon on a Sunday?

And I dont give a crap what you think, there is no way I'm taking a beat down struggling to try and win simply to allow everyone on the enemy team to have a good time while I suffer having to fight way over the odds.

Says it all really :rolleyes:

I didn't ragequit, I simply left the server. I wasn't angry you have no evidence or proof that I was, you just simply assume.

Your comment before you left says otherwise. I can't remember what you said exactly but it was along the lines of 'screw this, this sucks, i'm leaving'. I'm not the only one that thought you sounded like an idiot, after your lame comment in chat there were several question marks and 'LOL's.

"I've tried using the mic before to enourage people to attack, it simply does not work. Let me guess, I'm doing it wrong, c'mon lets hear"

'I tried talking to my team-mates in a rugby match once, and it simply doesn't work. So I don't do it anymore. Let me guess, I'm doing it wrong, c'mon lets hear it'

all the best, and most competant players end up on one team, since thats the case and everyone knows it, that means people want to play on the better side, so not only do you have better player but you also have MORE players which forces the worst team to always be 1 man down, sometimes 2

Wrong... I NEVER switch to the winning team just because. In fact I often switch to the losing team because I enjoy the challenge. If you'd asked nicely or if you hadn't been so quick to ragequit maybe you would have seen that to be the case. I think most of the people in uberium are the same way. I don't know where you get that idea. I don't think it would be a stretch to guess that's what you do.

Personally, you dont know shit, you're just pissed off because you boasted how good your server was, yet the very first round I joined one team completely and utterly dominated the other team, no one swiched to help the obviously inferiour team (including you btw)
[...]
No. You're pissed off that you posted how great your server was and then feel stupid when someoen calls you on it, quite frankly it was the most unblanaced game I had that night, 4vs12 haha...
Fact is, your server is just an unblanced and full of people unwilling to switch teams, as any other server out there.
I'll post my screenshots of the match I had directly after on another server, once I get home tonight.

(Btw, inferior is spelled without the 'u'. Yes, even in the U.K. :rolleyes:)

Well first of all, can you even remember when the game was? It was early afternoon sunday like I said.

Anyway, I didn't boast how good the server was. I was being friendly to a fellow [H] poster who I'd dealt with before (when my gtx 280 was acting up and you talked about a bad experience with ebuyer.com in the graphics card forum) offering for you to come onto our server at a time when there are people from the clan online, so that you could hopefully have fun and at the very least show me what the problem you're having was. I wasn't "pissed off" because I take comments about the server personally, I'm pissed off because I take it personally when I go out of my way to be friendly and am met with lazy rude behaviour.

I was being open minded and trying to be friendly, but a couple minutes after saying hello to you you left your asinine comment and left. I don't gain anything from having people think our server is great, we already have lots of friendly regulars who come each night, many of whom are on my friends list so we won't lose traffic from your ramblings. Therefore, you thinking that I'm just responding because I'm hurt by your comments is plain stupid, like this entire thread you started.

As for your long rant about the profile statistics... Well you're completely missing the point. I wasn't saying that I'm l33t and that I can change the outcome of the matches, because in fact I usually single handedly CAN'T. I was just saying that you seem to imply that you expect that you SHOULD be able to do that, and so I was pointing out that you aren't really better than anyone else. (And for the sake of my vanity, I do fine in clan matches thankyouverymuch. I usually come within the top 3 or 4 in 6v6 or 7v7 matches, with the heavy/medics often coming first. Profile statistics don't tell the whole story. It's easy to be good at it without having impressive stats, especially if you don't play on custom maps and if you tend to be a lot gung-ho on public servers than you are in matches. This just adds to the evidence that you have the wrong mentality for TF2 - it's a team tactical game, not an e-peen deathmatch contest. You can come last in every match, but if you are important to your team tactically, it doesn't matter.)

I guess I shouldn't be so quick to be friendly to random internet people, since it usually ends up biting you in the arse. Frostex has certainly more than confirmed that. If you want to argue with me more just contact me through steam, because I don't want to waste my time giving you more attention here. As Penny Arcade says Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad ... And proved quite accurate in this case I'm sad to say.

havent read the 2nd thru 5 pages but you really should look for a clan or community to join. My guild's community steam community page (not a mistype :D) is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thestoleneyecomm
we offer a pretty stock rotation public server, forums, vent, etc. Community members are welcome on our vent server if they sign up and post in our forums (just to let us know who you are). we have a competitive team and are actively recruiting (mostly need a good scout). We're deeply involved in CAL and TWL league and ladder, have played in a CEVO tounry, and plan on playing in a TGL tourny. we play semi-seriously. we're better than most random community clans signed up for competition play but not as good as Pro clans that practice every day. we scrim 3-4 days/week and have 2-4 matches/week.

My handle's Choosy moms choose Jif for those interested. Our Community is open to everyone and is comprised of friends of clan members and server regulars. skill in the -Co range from terribad to decent and we do pull ringers for scrims from -Co.

our server's @ 64.34.184.138:27015
it's often got a pretty high skill base as we have a lot of better players from friendly competing guilds in there

if youre not gonna join a clan/community then just play spy, sniper, pyro, or medic. the 1st 3 are pretty self-sustained in a random pub and playing steady medic will make you a lot of friends, fast.

the demoman is so easy to play I stopped playing the class a long time ago. You see great demomen players everywhere, so bragging about how good you are with the demoman is kind of lame. you lob some bombs and press a button, good for you, heh. it got old for me thats for sure, which is why I play soldier if I'm looking to be aggressive.

Wasn't bragging (as I specifically noted) nor was I the one to bring it up, I was called on how good I was in respect to another player when quoting stats, and merely pointed out that time played meant nothing, and actual skill is what matters.

Since you're going to use the piecemeal out of context quoting method of internet bitchfighting, I'll do the same. Personally I think it shows a lack of attention span that you can't break down the argument in your head and make a coherent whole response, but oh well.

Which bit was out of context? Please point a quote which is out of context.

I think you'll find I quoted your entire post in pices which makes out of context quoting an impossibility to begin with. The reason it was quoted as such was to make it obvious who i was addresses, and specifically which part of your argument needed correcting.

At this point you've simply dropped to ad hominem attacks, trying to add snide remarks rather than actually talking about the facts, correcting spelling is a perfect example of someone who doesn't have a leg left to stand on and must simply bicker in order to feel good rather than making a coherent, logical argument.

Aagin attack "attention span" when you have absolutely no proof of what my attention span is, you're just assuming anything you like about me with nothing to back it up, if we're doing that then why dont i just assume you're a rapist? See where that gets us?

Immediately calls into question whether you're being honest by saying the server was full... It wasn't. How could the teams be numerically unbalanced if the server was full? o.0 It's true that there was one extra person on our team. But what do you expect early afternoon on a Sunday?

The server was full, at least at one point, Im not talking about team numbers being uneven, Im talking about the number of players who were actually willing to attack which was 4. I already stated that it was an assumption all 12 of your players were at the gate at the start because I dont know for certain, but I was first into the middle node along with like 2 other people and we got swamped.

Whether the teams are closely matched numbers wise is not what is the major issue here, how many players commit to attacking and actually playing the game to achieve the goal is what matters, with only 4 people at the gates as the counter hits zero is how many players we get to fight with, and in this case it was 4, me and 3 others. And from what I can tell at least 8-10 of your team busted through your gates.

Your comment before you left says otherwise. I can't remember what you said exactly but it was along the lines of 'screw this, this sucks, i'm leaving'. I'm not the only one that thought you sounded like an idiot, after your lame comment in chat there were several question marks and 'LOL's.

I probably said something along those lines, I certainly didn't say "this sucks".

Oh and as long as we're assuming character of someone we dont know, I think you're a rapist, homophobe, decieteful liar, who murders babies..,

Your assumptions about me, and the emotion or lack of that went into saying what I said, are just that, assumptions. You think you know everything about me from 2 lines in game chat, you know nothing about.

Wrong... I NEVER switch to the winning team just because. In fact I often switch to the losing team because I enjoy the challenge. If you'd asked nicely or if you hadn't been so quick to ragequit maybe you would have seen that to be the case. I think most of the people in uberium are the same way. I don't know where you get that idea. I don't think it would be a stretch to guess that's what you do.

Sorry I just assumed that you'd be able to work out that when a round is over in about 1 minute 30 seconds, that it's a landslide win and that the teams are way stacked. Obviously you cannot tell that, either that or you're simply lying about switching over when the teams are stacked.

And if i simply switched to the winning side, or left, everytime I was on the losing side, do you think i'd be posting threads about TF2 being too team orientated? Please use your head.

(Btw, inferior is spelled without the 'u'. Yes, even in the U.K. :rolleyes:)

This clearly shows you've run out of actual arguments, the fact that you dont realise that correcting spelling shows this like it has god rays shining on it, to me shows how infintile you really are :rolleyes:

Well first of all, can you even remember when the game was? It was early afternoon sunday like I said.

Anyway, I didn't boast how good the server was. I was being friendly to a fellow [H] poster who I'd dealt with before (when my gtx 280 was acting up and you talked about a bad experience with ebuyer.com in the graphics card forum) offering for you to come onto our server at a time when there are people from the clan online, so that you could hopefully have fun and at the very least show me what the problem you're having was. I wasn't "pissed off" because I take comments about the server personally, I'm pissed off because I take it personally when I go out of my way to be friendly and am met with lazy rude behaviour.

This is the internet, if you take it seriously you'll eventuall pop a vein in your forehead and probably die.

If I came across as rude, that was not my intention, my intention was to simply to state I was leaving the server, everything i wrote on [H] was true, like it or not.

I was being open minded and trying to be friendly, but a couple minutes after saying hello to you you left your asinine comment and left. I don't gain anything from having people think our server is great, we already have lots of friendly regulars who come each night, many of whom are on my friends list so we won't lose traffic from your ramblings. Therefore, you thinking that I'm just responding because I'm hurt by your comments is plain stupid, like this entire thread you started.

You're overplaying my comment, all i said was something like "screw this" and left, all of a sudden is asinine, rude, hurtful, blah blah blah, anyone would think the world was ending based on like 2 words, jesus fucking christ grow a pair.

As for the thread, here you are, posting in it, lol.

As for your long rant about the profile statistics... Well you're completely missing the point.

Well you should have been more clear, because to me it's just you boasting about how much time you've racked up as demo, lol.

I wasn't saying that I'm l33t and that I can change the outcome of the matches, because in fact I usually single handedly CAN'T. I was just saying that you seem to imply that you expect that you SHOULD be able to do that

Sigh... what when my first post is saying, and I quote

There's no relationship between skill/finnese and reward, in a game like CoD4, or UT, or Quake or CS or almost any other game out there today, if you get better you see an increase in reward for getting better, like you can take control points push back the enemy etc.

But not TF2, what reward you get is whether you're stuck on the team destined to win, or destined to lose, other than switching teams there's really nothing you can do to help boost your teams chances at winning, even if you do 90% of the work in taking out turrets, killing enemies etc you still cannot help bad players, it's impossible.

Either you didn't read the threads original post (or many of my others which say similar things), or you did read but you're just attempitng to twist things, or you're completely dumb. I really can't see any other explination...

and so I was pointing out that you aren't really better than anyone else.

Er, being top of the scoreboard in practically every match would suggest that I'm better than the majorety of players that play in public matches...not being big headed, it's just fact.

(And for the sake of my vanity, I do fine in clan matches thankyouverymuch. I usually come within the top 3 or 4 in 6v6 or 7v7 matches, with the heavy/medics often coming first. Profile statistics don't tell the whole story. It's easy to be good at it without having impressive stats, especially if you don't play on custom maps and if you tend to be a lot gung-ho on public servers than you are in matches.

Not really interested in clan matches, they're a totaly different kettle of fish compared to pubs, the fact is that TF2 isn't well designed for clan match play because for starters most good clans wont use outside about 4 main characters on most maps, where as public play you see most of the character types being used. The main dynamic of the game is based around pub play and thats how I play.

This just adds to the evidence that you have the wrong mentality for TF2 - it's a team tactical game, not an e-peen deathmatch contest. You can come last in every match, but if you are important to your team tactically, it doesn't matter.)

Again Im here on the forums saying that theres a general lack of teamwork etc etc, yet you think Im a gun ho player? I play what characters I think it needed at the time which is why I have a well rounded set of play times across all the characters. I've also previously complained about havng to switch the demoman all the time to get rid of sentries etc, my interests specifically relate to the team winning.

If i was merely interested in my own score, why would I complain about unblanced teams etc? In that case I'd simply come pick you off one at a time rather than trying to defend or attack an impossible position.

I guess I shouldn't be so quick to be friendly to random internet people, since it usually ends up biting you in the arse. Frostex has certainly more than confirmed that. If you want to argue with me more just contact me through steam, because I don't want to waste my time giving you more attention here. As Penny Arcade says Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad ... And proved quite accurate in this case I'm sad to say.

Yeah right, again you know everything about me, you know jack shit and it shows through in your posts.

If you didnt hate on people the instant they quit your server for disapointed that it was the same old unbalanced rape, then you might get a more friendly response.

Ugh

Well back on topic, if anything this has taught me that my initial thoughts in my original post are bang on correct, even "good" servers are instant rape the second I join, being pitted against at least teams twice the size of yours because most people are camping...it's too much to bear for a handful of people to fight that, the only way you can hope to find a fair game is to constantly server hop in the hopes you get in on a game which is evenly balaned enough so rounds aren't over in a matter of seconds.

jesus christ guys, u might wanna just call each other up and start fighting abt the game....or just dont play with each other, also try to have some fun ><

PS: i read abt two of those argumentative posts, and the rest is just walls of text

lol can't be bothered to answer back to that, we'll be fine without you if you dislike the game so much.

Just had a game, exactly as the other night, teams were stacked skill wise, you should note:

1) Their team had won the previous round, so we already knew it was better.
2) Their team has an extra person
3) The top 4 players from their team all had a better score than our very best player
4) 2 of the Ub clan are on the winning side with plenty of chance to swap and help

All I can deduce here is that everything said about this server was a blatent lie, no one swapped to help.

I was once again at the front lines as a demoman trying my hardest to take down their sentry so we could progress and most of our team was at the spawn dicking around not capable of assaulting with me to help. Quite frankly fighting about 5 enemies at once and trying to take out a turret, along with no backup is just too much to expect from one player and we just got battered to hell.

This is just a TYPICAL TF2 match tbh.

my.php

The guys with .Ub at the END of their names are just people who like the server and put that there to show support!

People with Ub. in FRONT of their names are actual clan members.

You can see that explained at the screen when you join the server.

*edit*
Also, there can be a large difference in points without any difference of skill. Obviously the winning team will have more points, since they won... If you think about it, two teams, come face to face on a point, one team wins the engagement (and got more points as a result) then captured the point (got even more points). It's natural that the team that wins will end up with more points. Granted if there is a very big difference, that suggests imbalance of skill.

Just had a game, exactly as the other night, teams were stacked skill wise, you should note:

1) Their team had won the previous round, so we already knew it was better.
2) Their team has an extra person
3) The top 4 players from their team all had a better score than our very best player
4) 2 of the Ub clan are on the winning side with plenty of chance to swap and help

All I can deduce here is that everything said about this server was a blatent lie, no one swapped to help.

I was once again at the front lines as a demoman trying my hardest to take down their sentry so we could progress and most of our team was at the spawn dicking around not capable of assaulting with me to help. Quite frankly fighting about 5 enemies at once and trying to take out a turret, along with no backup is just too much to expect from one player and we just got battered to hell.

This is just a TYPICAL TF2 match tbh.

my.php
just a suggestion, but if you're finding urself alone on the frontlines all the time then might as well stay back with ur team and try to defend with the help of at least some team mates.

What I do basically is:

arrive at server, see how teams are stacked, if one team's top 5 are 54,46,43,32,30 and the other team is 23, 18, 15, 12, 9 frags then its obvious the second team is much worse. Join the losing team and die over and over? nah Join winning team and win over and over? nah. leave and try another server. more than any other game, you need to do this if you don't want to be frustrated. You have to rely on luck to find a balanced game because 99% of people on a winning team won't join the losing team to balance things out.

What I do basically is:

arrive at server, see how teams are stacked, if one team's top 5 are 54,46,43,32,30 and the other team is 23, 18, 15, 12, 9 frags then its obvious the second team is much worse. Join the losing team and die over and over? nah Join winning team and win over and over? nah. leave and try another server. more than any other game, you need to do this if you don't want to be frustrated. You have to rely on luck to find a balanced game because 99% of people on a winning team won't join the losing team to balance things out.

I've basically started doing this now, it's great advice.

What I do basically is:

Join a server with random auto-balance.

What I do basically is:

Join the losing team and hand out a beat down. The tide can turn, it just takes a few players with a little skill. I change teams regularly to try and balance the game (doesn't always work mind you). I guess it is just a reflection of character.

Back