What did this to my mobo and video card?

SkinnyBones

Limp Gawd
I built a computer and i turned my computer on and i smelled burning so i shut it off right away and unplugged it. I made sure nothing was loose and tuned it back on again. There was no smell of burning but by screen was all garbbled. I took out my video card and saw there was a small burn on the bottom of it and put it in another computer to makes sure it still worked and it did. I sent it back anyway to Sapphire for a replacement since it is a 500 dollar card and it is still under warranty. Then i put another video card into my mobo and there was no data getting to the screen at all. So i was guessing that my agp slot blew out becuase everything sounded like it was all booting up. And i also sent back my mobo to Abit. So I would like to know if anyone had any similar problems and if they know what could have caused this to happen. And no i haven't overclocked my card. Both my mobo and video card are in my sig.

Powersupply problem.

What PSU do you have installed (not listed in your sig)

Cruise on by the PSU forum and read the first sticky on a reputable replacement PSU.

The power supply i have is MGE Company 500w. It came with my case that i bought from newegg. I have a Antec 430w should i use that one in it?

Back