Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Black

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Grey

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
I'm definitely getting a Lumia 920 but can't decide what color to get. If they had green then this wouldn't even be a decision, but they don't...

Something other than black and white for me this time. Every phone is black and white its so boring. So Red for me lol.

I want 920 but I do not have that much spare money to spend :( Hopefully mine company will buy me one :)

Red for me. I just hope it's not as glossy in person as it looks in all the press shots we've seen.

If it wasn't for the gloss i would have went with the yellow so black it is

I have a white 900 and honestly with the deep black display it just contrasts and looks so nice that I think I'd do it again. Black though is safest not just because it's neutral but also because you can put any color case over it and it will still look nice. For kicks here are some old pictures I took contrasting the chassis colors with cases and some tiles. I meant to do something more comprehensive but never got around to it. (in my family we have a black, cyan, and a white 900) Honestly, the glossy looks pretty damn nice, at least on white. I think it'd look nice with any color really.

http://imgur.com/a/Tl1f3 (was pointing out that with a non-black chassis colors can peak through cases and clash)

http://imgur.com/a/VgLAL (just showing case width and colored tiles vs white chassis)

Keep in mind, having a certain color chassis might "restrict" you to only using certain colored tiles unless you don't care about them clashing. Yes I know it's a phone, I don't care really but some do.

I've pre-ordered matte grey. I do like the red version but I don't like glossy finish at all (hated the glossy back on my Galaxy S).

I'm going for yellow - though if they have the mystical cyan one, I may go that route.

http://imgur.com/a/VgLAL (just showing case width and colored tiles vs white chassis)

Keep in mind, having a certain color chassis might "restrict" you to only using certain colored tiles unless you don't care about them clashing. Yes I know it's a phone, I don't care really but some do.

what's the second phone there? the 900 and ?

and I'm still struggling on which to get of all three brands, and even the 820 vs 920, but if I got the 920, i think I'd go white or grey since they're the differentiating colors from the HTC 8x.

I'm going for yellow. Never had yellow phone, and this one looks.... happy :) I'm tired of all same black stuff all the time.

Though, I'm really tempted by HTC 8X Lime.... if only it would not have so Lame battery, and it would have some nifty things like glove-touchable screen :)

Why the hell is this not out for Verizon...

I'd be all over this like a lion on a gazelle.

Thought I read a rumor Verizon was going to get a 922, a CDMA version.

I hate rumors... :(

I want it to be true, and an announcement, that it's actually coming out. I don't want the 820, I want the 920, or something equally as good.

I would get White.

White because then I can treat it as a black canvas. Decals of what ever I want would be easily distinguishable.

Then I'd cover it up with a case.

what's the second phone there? the 900 and ?

and I'm still struggling on which to get of all three brands, and even the 820 vs 920, but if I got the 920, i think I'd go white or grey since they're the differentiating colors from the HTC 8x.

They are both 900's actually, the black one has a white TPU case which was the main reason I took the pictures. Was another demonstration that black can look like any other version with the right fitting case, and they don't add too much thickness, etc.

I hate rumors... :(

I want it to be true, and an announcement, that it's actually coming out. I don't want the 820, I want the 920, or something equally as good.

There have been sufficient leaks that point to either or both very likely being a reality. However, the new HTC ones are officially announced so either way there will be a great WP available for Verizon in a couple months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgVdHCBYKd4&feature=player_detailpage#t=1682s

They are both 900's actually, the black one has a white TPU case which was the main reason I took the pictures. Was another demonstration that black can look like any other version with the right fitting case, and they don't add too much thickness, etc.

There have been sufficient leaks that point to either or both very likely being a reality. However, the new HTC ones are officially announced so either way there will be a great WP available for Verizon in a couple months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgVdHCBYKd4&feature=player_detailpage#t=1682s

Oh hey now...the 8x looks like a winner to me. While I would prefer the Nokia with its design (though the HTC looks oddly similar, lawsuit incoming, actually had a lawsuit link pop up when I searched it LOL), I wouldn't mind this. Looks like the Lumia and the HTC both use the S4 processors. Color choices look solid as well. We shall see...

heh, mission accomplished, didn't even realize it was a case. Just knew something was off because AT&T only has one nokia win phone.

I really hope there's a Cyan model at launch. Lime green would be awesome too. I'll probably end up going with the yellow - hard to lose :)

I think cyan is the new white. They'll wait a couple months then "re-launch" it with the coveted cyan model and everyone will buzz about it and want it again.

If the 920 had the tennis ball yellow like the HTC 8x I'd grab it in a heartbeat. Since they don't, it's going to be gray or Cali blue for me.

edit: Shit, I must secretly wanting the 8x because the the Lumia 920 does not come in Cali blue. It's either going to be black or gray for the Lumia for me

Last edited:
Has anyone herd rumors about T-Mobile getting the Lumina 920 and not just the 820 (IE only getting the 710 last go round).???

I really feel I would switch to ATT if it is the only options in the states.

I voted for yellow and that's what I'll get....however I reserve the right to switch to an 820 because that gray and neon xbox ring green 820 looks freaking badass. I'm not sure I need the horsepower of the 920.

I voted for yellow and that's what I'll get....however I reserve the right to switch to an 820 because that gray and neon xbox ring green 820 looks freaking badass. I'm not sure I need the horsepower of the 920.

Where is this neon green version of the 820?

I am definitely picking up the white one when it is released. Although the black is tempting.

People care about Nokia phones?

People care about Windows phones?

To me it doesn't matter what color they are. Totally disinterested either way :p

Zarathustra[H];1039202102 said:
People care about Nokia phones?

People care about Windows phones?

To me it doesn't matter what color they are. Totally disinterested either way :p

Apparently they're interesting enough for you to post in this thread.

Appears like a near-run thing. I thought the Lumia had blue?

Personally I slightly prefer the look of the HTC but will need to wait for further details. Will definitely go for blue or white in the end though, so I voted white. Lumia = white, HTC = blue. Camera, battery etc it will come down to those I think.

Le sigh. Guess I'm going to have to wait until November to get the Cyan or Yellow if I have to get it direct.

Or get a black and be able to swap out gel cases to change your color, see my post earlier in the thread for examples. Also for the 900 launch those that preordered actually got their phones like two days early so that was actually better than going to the store. Might not happen again but who knows.

Back