What are the top online pc games?

jfuze

Limp Gawd
And by top online PC games I mean... Which games have the most people playing?

Is there a website that shows numbers on how many people are playing each game?

not including MMO games of course because wow would win. lol

Team Fortress 2
Call of Duty 4
CS:S (3.5 years later, still popular as ever)

is Crysis very popular online? would assume it has some decent #s

BF2 surprisingly usually has 5-800 servers avail still

Counter-Strike 1.6 is light years ahead, then CS:S and the probably CoD4 at this point.

eve online. duh. 30,000 players on a server simultaneously. no unnecessary grinding. best mmo ever. F wow, stupid game. grind grind grind. this is fun. f eq, same crap that the wow crowd is into. daoc was the only other decent mmo of its genre.

eve online is the best.

I think Serverspy has the most accurate stats out of the 3.

I'm not sure I'd believe any of them to be totally accurate. Looking at UT2k4 stats for Serverspy says that there are 126 players on 28 servers? Uh, no. Gamespy says there are 4082 players on 1375 servers, which is much more believable. The game doesn't even show up on Xfire's stats.

Overall, I'd be more likely to believe Gamespy over the others.

Don't forget Guild Wars it has sold 5 million copies. Starcraft is still very popular, especially in Korea. Soldier Front is another popular Asian game.

cs1.6 will always be number 1 non-mmo game online

i bet it even comes close to wow. with the amount of users playing at any givin time.

Those stats sites are useless in the extreme.

When I log onto COD4, it says there are 17,430 ish servers.

Gamespy says there are 9194 servers.

What a crock of sh*t. So did I imagine the rest then ?

www.xfire.com is how i judge what's the most popular. Keep in mind, those minutes are only recorded IF Xfire is running.

WoW is #1 on there I think but someone compared server logs for CSS and WoW and CSS has more players.

IMO CSS is the most popular game at this point, WoW is a close 2nd though.

I played TF2 on 360 but sold my orange box game... look forward to getting it on the PC.

lol CS:S is sooo fun, I still play it almost everyweek end.

and after playing TF2 for a week and finally getting the hang of it, its is sooooooooooooooooo fun.

LoL the other day I said to my self that I would only play 30 minutes and then do my project, and then I ended up playing for 3 hours! so fun.

LoL the other day I said to my self that I would only play 30 minutes and then do my project, and then I ended up playing for 3 hours! so fun.

heh I know the feeling.... feverish glances at the clock are 45-60 minutes apart :) No way it's that late already! well, if it's already this late, might as well play 1 more.......

i would have to say what has already been said.

cs 1.6 and then css

been playing these since 2000 and it is the only game i consistently enjoy online.

before that.... Q2 and Q3 Arena

before that...14.4 modem direct connection to friends Doom server

Of course there's also casual games. Some of them are very popular Chess, card games, Peggle, Scrable (and clones), etc.

eve online. duh. 30,000 players on a server simultaneously. no unnecessary grinding. best mmo ever. F wow, stupid game. grind grind grind. this is fun. f eq, same crap that the wow crowd is into. daoc was the only other decent mmo of its genre.

eve online is the best.

lol I played eve it was pretty much terrible in every conceivable way

lol its amazin how many people still play cs 1.6 and its is a game from 1999 almost 9 years old and still rocking. lol what other game can have that much staying power seriously

www.xfire.com is how i judge what's the most popular. Keep in mind, those minutes are only recorded IF Xfire is running.

WoW is #1 on there I think but someone compared server logs for CSS and WoW and CSS has more players.

IMO CSS is the most popular game at this point, WoW is a close 2nd though.

I wouldn't think xfire would be that common among WoW players..

Back