Went from 6900XT to 7900XTX best stable driver with FPS improvements!?

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
Had 23.5.2. with the 6900XT and its super stable and works great on the 7900XTX but I feel like the speed improvements they made, etc. didn't come till later. Thanks!

Go with the latest Preview Driver for AFMF. Runs perfectly fine on my 6900 XT and 7800 XT setups.

Thank you I'll try it! And Doh about posting it in the wrong forum! Under the weather today! :(
FYI, the AFMF preview driver is a different branch from the regular drivers. The AFMF preview driver does not include game specific enhancements, which were otherwise made in the regular driver branch, by the same release date. I.E. the regular driver release with performance enhancement for Alan Wake 2, released before the latest AFMF preview driver------and the latest AFMF preview driver does not have the improvements for Alan Wake 2.

and now, its been so long since the last AFMF preview driver, its way behind on several games.

AMD has been fixing some long standing bugs, in their past couple of regular driver releases. I recommend simply installing the latest drivers. And only rollback or hang on an older driver, if you really need to.

Ah, looks like they released a new AFMF driver sometime over the past day. I haven't looked closely yet, to see if it still lacks the latest game enhancements.

The December 7th release says it contains everything from the Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 stable release. So I'd assume that is also with the January 5 update I linked.
Ah ha, cool.

Looks like I was lagging behind on info about the AFMF drivers. The first two releases did not include the latest game updates. The second release came after the Adrenalin driver which featured performance improvements for Alan Wake. But, the 2nd release did not include those improvements. So, you had to choose between better general performance and bug fixes for Alan Wake, or AFMF frame gen.

Seems like they realized how dumb that was, so they started making sure the two driver releases are more in sync on features and game updates.

Why mess with the AFMF preview drivers, when you have such a powerful card? I would just stick with the release channel ones (24.1.1 is the latest I think).

yeah the official amfm drivers 24.1.1 just came out, try those.

Why mess with the AFMF preview drivers........(24.1.1 is the latest I think)
they came out last night, notice how all the posts are prior to that?

I actually didn't see that 24.1.1 includes AFMF support - my point was more that I personally wouldn't bother using AFMF on a high end card (certainly not while the tech still has teething issues).

Back