wc with apogee gtx and gigabyte p35 dq6

OlIv0rIolI

Gawd
I have the Gigabyte P35 DQ6 and I like the heatsink design and I don't want to remove it. I am wc with apogee gtx which comes with a backplate. Gigabyte DQ6 already has a backplate installed. The thing is I saw pictures that gtx without its backplate installed cause warping on the mobo due to pressure from the 4 screws and can break the mobo sometimes. Is the partial weird dq6 backplate support enough so I don't need to install the swiftech one?

Here is the link to the dq6
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128046

I have the same issue you do.. I have the n680sli-dq6 board with the heatspreader on the back. Everywhere I've seen says you need to take that off, but I want to leave it on. What I'm going to do is put shims behind the heatsink (if there is any room) to the motherboard tray, and drill holes through the mb tray so that I can use longer screws that stick through the back of the mb tray. That way I can mount the waterblock without having to remove the heatsink, or bend the board

it should basically sandwich the processor/ board / heatsink between the waterblock and the mb tray

Back