Watercooled Gaming System - 3x GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klrgoten

Gawd
Hey All,

The fear I had prior to building this machine has come true and here I am selling a machine that I built for someone locally never came through on the funds for two weeks. Joy... since I love wasting my time.

Where to start... I should have taken a bigger deposit before building this thing.

I think I have the complete system specs below, if I missed anything then I will update this list. The system has 3TB of SSD storange space spread of (10) SSDs. Yes, I know... 10 ssds. Not my idea but that is what the customer wanted.

All parts except for the CPU and PSU(bought here on H) are brand new.

This isn't a cheap system and to be frank, I highly doubt I will find a buyer for this. I really do not want to part this out unless somehow I find buyers for every single item. I think I still have the boxes for every single item as well. I prefer a local deal so I don't have to ship this but I will ship it, I do not have a shipping cost on this yet. I'm in Southern California, 92603.

Priced on Newegg, this system will set you back $8,014.86, not including tax or any shipping. Ouch, I know... and I'm probably going to eat a nasty loss on this unfortunately.

The primary system drive is run by two Samsung 840 Pro 512gb drives in Raid 0 and the secondary data drive is run by (8) Intel 520 240GB ssds via the LSI controller built into the motherboard. The data drive pushes 3.5GB/s read/writes as a side note.

I will count the $1,000 deposit I received from the person I was building this for towards the price so I am asking $7,000 not including shipping. I know hefty but I really want to try and recover what I can from this.

Pictures can be seen here: http://imgur.com/a/GtyLR

I can run any benchmarks / tests you need. System will come with a full version of Windows 8 Pro installed along with the license card and cds.

Part List:
Hardware
NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black
ASRock Z77 Extreme11
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz, Stable
G.SKILL Sniper 16GB 1866Mhz
Corsair AX1200i
AX1200i Grey/Black Sleeved Cables
EVGA Geforce GTX 680 x3
Corsair SP120 High Performance x11
NZXT Air Flow 140MM Fan
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB x2
Intel 520 256GB x 8
Sleeved Black/Grey SATA Cables
Icydock 4x SSD in 1x5.25 Cage x2

WaterCooling
BP Compression 45degree x8
BP Compression Fitting x12
BP Compression 90degree x2
BP SLI Crystal Link Set x4
Heatkiller GTX 680 Backplate x3
Heatkiller GTX 680 "Hole" Ni-bl Waterblock x3
Black Ice Stealth GT 360 X-Flow
Black Ice Stealth GT 120 X-Flow
Swiftech MCR220-QP
Swiftech Apogee HD Waterblock
Swiftech MCP35X 12v PWM Water Pump
Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir
Koolance RAM-33 RAM Waterblock x4
Koolance RAM-33 U Connector x3
Koolance Compression 90degree fitting x2
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced Tubing

Cheers

**UPDATE** 5/28/13
I have 3x EVGA GTX 680, 2GB cards BNIB for $410/ea, shipped CONUS.

Last edited:
bump, and advice, perhaps subtotal the items new at amazon / else where pricing vs what your asking to give people a better idea on the deal.

Wow... That stinks man. I definitely agree that you'll need to increase the deposit for projects like this in the future. Best of luck.

bump, and advice, perhaps subtotal the items new at amazon / else where pricing vs what your asking to give people a better idea on the deal.

Lun, I put The cost of the system priced on Newegg but I can do amazon as well

Lun, I put The cost of the system priced on Newegg but I can do amazon as well

Think he meant per item as 7k to see a lot of money. It would help people understand exactly why you're asking that much.

Very clean setup there though. Bet that was a tough lesson to learn eh?

mother-god-meme.jpg

Good luck selling this monster....you might have to end up parting it out to sell it though. $7k is pretty steep for a PC that is literally the definition of overkill.

edit: I do kind of find it funny that with all that ridiculous equipment, the original buyer opted for *only* a 2600k.

killer rig. glws. what happened to your customer that they were willing to walk away out 1k?

Big mistake in your life eh? GLWS.

Btw, how did you end up doing this project without knowing the customer's real address? Just curious, since it is an expensive one.

Damn. Go to small claims court if you had him sign a contract or bill of service. Earn some more money, you could even represent your self. The guy will probably just settle. Lawyers aren't cheap.

That's a helluva system. Next time I would ask for at least half up front, or everything up front before starting. That said, if you're willing to part, I'd be interested in SSDs and fittings.

Big mistake in your life eh? GLWS.

Btw, how did you end up doing this project without knowing the customer's real address? Just curious, since it is an expensive one.

It was someone I had dealt with before, built a large NAS for him so I figured he was good for it. big mistake :(

Dat read speed... holy fuckbeans. GLWS man... Sorry the guy screwed ya :(

I've gotten screwed on a few things repairwise so now I refuse to order any parts for any customer, they will have to order the parts themselves if I do not have them on hand.

Personally i'd stop wasting time and start parting it out unless this is some measure to make the guy take you seriously and cough up the dough.

At least sell most of it for what you paid since you said you got the parts from here besides the CPU and PS which you will take a loss on.

parting is going to be your best bet.. also let me know if you do part ill take a bunch of your WC gear.

bump :)

Sucks that happened. But if you did spend the full $8000 to build this and you received $1000 from the deposit, you can sell each part individually at a 12.5% discount and still break even.

obviously in todays world you will end up parting. might as well start sooner rather than later. every minute wasted selling electronics gets closer to the release of newer tech that will lower the resale price of every part in this rig.

Yup.. part it or start making multipal system with the parts to sell off. Either way it would be like hitting the lotto for someone to see the system and want it and have the dough to blow and the confidence that it would get to them in one piece and working.

Like finding someone to want to buy a custom car/motorcycle, the buyer would have to like the style of the PC as is.

Yup.. part it or start making multipal system with the parts to sell off. Either way it would be like hitting the lotto for someone to see the system and want it and have the dough to blow and the confidence that it would get to them in one piece and working.

Like finding someone to want to buy a custom car/motorcycle, the buyer would have to like the style of the PC as is.

Ya... I've been thinking about it alot. but If I can get just about all of it spoken for, I'd probably part it out.

I would be interested in a basic water cooling loop if you do part it out (barbs, pump, cpu block, rad, etc.)

If I get enough parts spoken for, I'll end up parting it out :) so far most of the interest has been in the WC loop

updated, I also have 3x EVGA GTX 680, 2GB cards BNIB for $410/ea, shipped CONUS.

I'd love to pickup the whole thing from you, and I'm in SoCal, but I just can't justify dropping anywhere near that much :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back