Water Cooling 101: Installing Your Basic Loop

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at ThinkComputers have posted episode 5 of their Water Cooling 101 series. Today's installment walks you through the process of installing a basic water cooling loop.

Welcome back to ThinkComputers Water Cooling 101! Over the past several articles we’ve been covering all the tricks and tips we’ve learned from years of building water cooled PCs. After an introduction to the art and designing our desired layout, we showed you how to pick the best parts for your needs, and finally once they arrived how to prep them for use. Finally, we are now to the point where we can do something truly exciting and actually get our hands dirty; it’s install day!

Interesting, but as someone with an overclocked water cooled rig who also used Intel's Burn Test, I suggest you run several iterations (make it go for 10-15 minutes) rather than single iterations that finish in 140 or so seconds. I had plenty of fails only show up after 5 minutes or so.

I run Aida64 stress test at least 4 hrs. Also run the overclocking utility from Intel if an Intel chip. Usually run at least an hour. Finally Asus has a great stress test, RealBench. At least 15 minutes if not more.

I run of IBT (10 times) is a quick check for fail but not real thorough.

Back