Warhammer 40,000 [Open Beta Signups Limited]

I don't know how it is yet (still d/ling), but it looks like Warcraft 3 w/ modern day weaponry. :p

By the way, the site says it's an RTS not an MMO.

Luxor said:
I don't know how it is yet (still d/ling), but it looks like Warcraft 3 w/ modern day weaponry. :p

By the way, the site says it's an RTS not an MMO.

More like Warcraft looks like Warhammer. Warhammer is much older than Warcraft (the tabletop game, but that's where the models came from), and when Warcraft first came out, that's how i use to do the comparison as well. I never really played Warhammer, but i use to love the way the models and vehicles look.

this game is awesome, kinda reminds me of c&c generals and ground control 2 combined

Hey, I bet we'll have more fun playing this than.. oh wait I won't say it. ;)

I will. Doom 3 rox my sox, but I have waited for a good Warhammer game for FAR longer than Doom 3(Which is actually the first id product I've ever bought)

That was about the easiest beta signup I've ever done.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Started playing the tutorial, was fun until the game started lagging bad every 2 seconds[literally] (I am guessing it's because of more units). But the game itself is very cool.

One thing I really liked was after I launched a missle from one of my tanks at an opposing squad, the squad was blown apart by the missle. The guys go flying from the explosion.

Anyone else getting the laggy constant framerates? Also, my text is semi-messed up. I'm running an ATI 9700 Pro on mostly high settings.

P4 3.0
1GB GEIL PC3200
ATI 9700 Pro
XP Pro

Anyone know how to get your key again? It said they would mail it to me so I didn't bother with copying it. However, I haven't received my key in email yet. Does it just take them a long time to send it?

It's beta, it's going to be fucked for awhile... I'm downloading it atm (already got my key) 3hrs to go!! (love UK connections)

Luxor said:
Anyone else getting the laggy constant framerates? Also, my text is semi-messed up. I'm running an ATI 9700 Pro on mostly high settings.

P4 3.0
1GB GEIL PC3200
ATI 9700 Pro
XP Pro

Yup... Something is fucked up. Still playable though, and the game is oh so fun!

the game to me seems like a generals and ground control2 mix, with tons of extra stuff that rocks

so is there basebuilding or resources in this game? please tell me it's not completely like ground control 2.

deadoralive said:
so is there basebuilding or resources in this game? please tell me it's not completely like ground control 2.

There is basebuilding. The resources are obtained from holding strategy points. Basically your army gives you more requisition for holding more area, more area means you need more troops so you get 'money' faster. There is no mining or tree chopping in dow.

Havent played GC2 so i cant comment.

This game is a lot more fun then Ground Control IMO. Hey it's free, just try it out. :p

All I can say is "All who have life fear the Reaper" The Eldar kick too much ass IMO. The Wraithlord is nigh unstoppable and isn't even the eldar's most powerful unit.

Cool thanks. Only took me 5 minutes to download...

This game is really amazing I have yet to really be cheaply beaten and ive been playing lots of online matches. It seems pretty balanced except for some tweaking here and there but its amazingly fun. Lots of action (with the best RTS combat effects ever), good base buildings (you can set up a good defense without it being over the top), a decent amount of micro management (without being swamped with it). Other than a few inferface flaws and a tiny bit of unit tweaking I think this is gunna be a great RTS, I think its gunna blow WC3 and all the other popular RTS games out of the water.

The MP is great 'cept for the 5 minutes it takes to get into a game.

I'm not having any problems at all, I just create game and bam, 3 more little nublets to play with... Only problem I have is I always get smoked :(

Well, I won my first game today and have just finished a massive fucking battle, came down to me vs an elder player. He beat me in the end, had some massive hero character + seemed to have much more units. Anyone know how to make the squad cap go above 20? I researched it all but it never went past 20.

Its just squad support that increases your unit cap. At least, it does for the space marines. By the end of my only game, I had 40 infantry points and 20 vehicle points.

However, certain units require certain points. Some are 4 some are more...

Very fun game though. I love the small details. Like rockets blasting orcs up into the air lol

what NDA? but i'll take em down for now until i find out. i don't see the point since it's open beta?

edit: i've looked around and i cant find any "NDA" thing. you got a link?

read the warhammer forum
"NO MOVIES OR SCREEN SHOTS TILL A DEMO IS OUT"
so i assume there's an NDA.
did you READ the agreement when you installed the beta?
usually, open or not, beta's have NDA's

nm
Only way to post whole of it is to read installer agreement.

Simply put. NDA prohibits revealing any item of game mechanics NOT currently in the public domain. Inclusive of graphics, game balance, units strength/requirements/armaments....etc.
You get the idea? if you can't read about it already, we can't mention it.

Back