vSphere 5 / Storage Provider and Dell Equallogic

Gomjaba

Weaksauce
Anyone managed to get this connected at all ? It is asking for a URL and login / certificate - is this the URL you use when you connect to the group management IP ?

Hiya,

I found it this morning funnily enough and it is working fine. I wonder though, under Storage capabilities, is it supposed to show the underlying Raid level ?

I did make a forum post on the EQL forums and opened an SR as well, to clarify it, but I shall forward you the link, maybe I just got the wrong end of the stick :)

Thanks

Michael

Just thought I update this with the solution .... We finally found out what the problem was. In our environment we allow access to the LUNs via IP. In our case the two vmkernel IPs participating in multipathing.

However, in addition to the LUN connection, the vcenter has to have access as well. In our case the vcenter was on the same network as the managment of the SAN. Adding the IP of the vcenter does not work, you have to allow the IQN of the software initiator access to the LUN as well.

One Re-scan later we finally got the informations displayed in vcenter :)

Thank you to all people from L1-3 and engineering who were involved in solving this :)

Back