Viewsonic VX2255wmb on upcoming sale at Costco!

Mofongo

n00b
I was thinking of getting my wife a 22" widescreen to replace her 17" CRT (which I am currently using since my 19" CRT blew up while I wait for a Dell 2407WFP-HC :). Costco has Sceptre and X2Gens quite cheap (around $250 give or take) with free shipping (mail-order only). Then I noticed an upcoming coupon starting July 23rd for $40 off of the Viewsonic VX2255wmb for a total price of $260 if you pick it up from the warehouse.

This seems like an awesome deal. The VX2255 seems to have just come out in May and features slightly wider viewing angles. They are quoted the same as the new LG 22" (L226WTQ-BF) which I have seen. I am wondering if it is the same panel as the LG, which I like quite a bit both for viewing angles and color vibrancy (I was actually recommending the LG to my wife before I saw this deal on the Viewsonic). The couple of reviews I can find on the VX2255 seem to be quite positive.

I have yet to look at one in person, but wondered if anyone else has any experience with this model. Also, it has a built-in webcam and a fully-adjustable stand (rare these days in 22"ers).

Thanks!

Mofongo

I was tempted by the costco sale but gosh this monitor has an awful bezel. Glossy fingerprint magnet and cheap plastic chrome. blech

my dad bought this monitor for me, since im in germany right now. when i get home (this thursday) i'll open it up and let you know how it is, although i think the deal ends by that time

at worst pick it up and return it if you don't want it

Back