View Sonic VP912b 19'' LCD!

I just got the View Sonic VP912b 19'' LCD! And so far its great. I was just wondering if anyone here has this monitor what settings you have it on? The only thing I have to get used to is that the top of the screen seems darker. I am using an VGA connection for now. Will DVI be better or the same? O almost forgot the other thing I am not crazy about is everytime my screen changes screen resolution this blue thing that says D-Sub 1 shows. I wish there was a way to stop that. I see no reason to have that show. And hooking up the power cables was kind of a tight fit. As for the monitor it self I think is great! Text looks sharp to me. Gaming seems good. No ghosting that I can see and thats with a VGA hook up. And DVD playback also seems good.

There should be an option in the OSD to turn off the resolution change notice. The VP191b and VP201s I've used both have that option.

Spare-Flair said:
DSUB 1 means it's connected via VGA. Hook it up to DVI and turn off the OSD.

My video card does not have a DVI connection. And I do not think you can turn off OSD.

Astral Abyss said:
There should be an option in the OSD to turn off the resolution change notice. The VP191b and VP201s I've used both have that option.

I did turn off the resolution change notice. But that is not what I am talking about. The resolution change notice is for telling you that you should be running at 1280 by 1024 for optimal performance. What I am talking about is everytime I switch screen resolution like when Madden loads or I restart my pc is see something pop up that says D-Sub 1.

peacetilence said:
This was my first choice before the 2005FPW. I'm still thinking about it...[/QUOTE

I am really happy with it! Just a few little things I am not crazy about. But if I hasd to do it again I would still buy this moniter.

gate1975mlm said:
I did turn off the resolution change notice. But that is not what I am talking about. The resolution change notice is for telling you that you should be running at 1280 by 1024 for optimal performance. What I am talking about is everytime I switch screen resolution like when Madden loads or I restart my pc is see something pop up that says D-Sub 1.
Try setting the Input Source to D-Sub and not Auto. That helped on mine.

of course there's no button, it's in the menu somewhere. if you can't find it, just leave it as is. who cares.

Back